Zeagle Scout/Sherwood Gemini: The wire in the hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aines

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Zeagle Scout BCD and a sherwood gemini octo inflator.

The first and last time I used my equipment was February and it has all been stored in my attic in a dismantled state for the last few months. Now I am going diving and I want to make sure I have all the tiny parts packed.

I have found only one rubber ring in the box, which looks like it goes on the valve for the inflator. The other two valves are partly made of rubber and don't look like they need rubber rings. Could someone reassure me that this is correct.

Also, there is a wire that runs through the corrugated inflator hose to the gemini, which allows me to deflate the BCD just by pulling on the hose. At the gemini end of the hose there is a small metal stick and the wire is looped around this to hold it.
I would just like to know if anything bad will happen if I do not loop the wire around the metal stick and just leave it dangling in the hose. Obviously, I will not be able to deflate by pulling on the hose, but apart from this, will everything be fine?

Your reassurance will be much appreciated

Aine

Disabling the pull dump wire won't affect anything because it's connected at the other end in the same manner, it won't migrate through the hose.

At this point you could remove the whole cable if you'd like.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom