Zeagle Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Radders

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Dear All

I'm in the market for a good BCD and i'm based in the UK.
Sadly not many of the dive stores seem to stock Zeagle kit but I managed to find one today that had the Ranger in stock

They had a medium sized one on the hanger and a large that was about to go out to a customer. I'm definately an XL kind of guy (6'3, 48-50" chest, 44" waist) but I thought i'd try on the Lg size.

It felt quite small and the cumberband was a ways off from meeting in the middle. They did show that the cumberbund can be adjusted but as it was a customers order we couldn't try that today.

My question is - are the general dimensions of the XL sized harness bigger than the Lg size or is it just the size of the straps?

I think i'm set on getting a zeagle BC but concerned about having to buy something at distance without trying it on first. Other BC manufacturers have XXL sizes.

Note I have PM Scott Zeagle to ask him too but i'd be grateful for your personal experiences.

The xl is quite large and the cummerbund comes adjusted all the way in. You can move both sides quite far out. Zeagle can give the full dimensions and you can just measure. Go to their site and send them an email. It is Labor Day weekend in the US, so you won't have anyone in the offices until Tuesday.....

Just to confuse you more, one of the great features of the Zeagle BCs is that you can mix and match sizes of the different parts.

To un-confuse you and stop you from making a mistake, do NOT buy a vest that you must let both sides out on the cumberbun to wear. You need a bigger vest!
One side out one hole setting is still a compromise but you can live with it
The weights will not be properly placed on your hips and the vest will move around on you while you are diving.
The weights will be behind your back and not slung on your hips and there will be nothing to keep the bc and tank in place on your back except overly tightening the cumberbun.
I fit my customers with the largest size vest that they can wear and then down size the shoulders so that the chest buckle is in the right place on the peck.
I just shake my head when I see one of these great diving rigs with both cumber buns let out to the max.
The diver sure didn't get what he paid for, and the reseller who sold it to him doesn't understand or doesn't care how the product works and what makes it dive better than it's competition.

i'm waiting on hearing back from Scuba Steve - I guess he's away for labor day but take the above into account.

The shop i'm looking at here in the UK only advertise going up to size XL.
I'm figuring that the L size was a bit too small but the XL should allow the weights to sit at the right place.

If not i'll have to negotiate the dive shop to order through an XXL vest as a special - not sure how easy that is to the UK.

We shall see.

Well the XL Brigade arrived yesterday and fits perfectly with very little adjustment.
I dont think I would have chose Zeagle if I hadn't come to this forum as it's not a widely heard name here in the UK.

I'm already confident I've made the right decision and now cant wait to get out and dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom