Zeagle slim gauge face popped off.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

warscout2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was helping with a discover scuba and rusty diver the other day and my gauge console starting leaking air. I figured it was just the high pressure spool but when I removed the gauge from the zeagle slim console the face was popped out. Is there any way to reattach the lens or do I have to replace the gauge?

really,

it failed get another gauge there only about $50. throw that one in the garbage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If the face popped out, most likely something behind the face is leaking and merely replacing the face won't work, so yes the gauge is trashed.

However if you want to seal the face on again, I've found heating the gauge with a hair dryer then as soon as you get the face on, setting it in the freezer underneath a bag of frozen peas helps the face stay on. Otherwise, as you push it down, it creates a positive pressure and it pops right back off.

Wow the gauge has about 40 dives on it. Are the faces glued on? I might have to switch to a old school brass and glass gauge.

Back
Top Bottom