Zeagle Travel Fins toes separating from fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

handben

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been quite happy with my travel fins up till recently. They are very light, pack well and have been very comfortable. I've not had difficulty keeping up with other divers. But recently I've noticed more flex downward in the fin blade (ie more curved when I'm not wearing). I saw the extent when a dive buddy took my picture last week in Curacao (see right foot in photo).

My question is whether folks have worked out a simple fix (Some sort of pop rivet or nut and bolt). I used some adhesive, but I don't think it is going to hold. I'm thinking that a short but wide nut and bolt would work. Obviously I don't want it sticking into my toes, nor scratching all the dive boat decks that I walk on. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• P1020291.JPG
    P1020291.JPG
    369.6 KB · Views: 324
I'm afraid that I don't really understand your question.

The blade is supposed to flex under your toes, as it appears to be doing in the photos.

If the grommets that connect the foot pocket to the blade are all in place, I think it is working as intended....unless I am missing something??

Thanks,

Scott

Perhaps the fins are functioning as designed, but to me they seem to have excessive flex. This is seen best on my right foot in the photo. The blade is almost 90 degrees perpendicular to the plane of my foot. There is a gap of a couple of inches on the downward stroke between the fin blade and my toes - is this normal? It would seem to lose efficiency when flexed that far. Thanks for your help Steve. Ben

Yes, I believe that they are working as intended. They do flex on the downkick, as seen on your right foot, but they flex back on the upkick, as appears to be happening with your left foot.

I have used these fins many, many times, and mine do the exact same thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom