Zeagle Wicked lite dropping weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dedo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone, First I would like to say that I'm a huge Zeagle fan. I own a Ranger and 2 sets of regs from Zeagle. All of the products I've bought have been outstanding. I recently purchased a Wicked lite for my son to use and for me to take traveling when I go to the Caribbean. I love my Ranger but it's not that travel friendly. Anyway I just did about 6 dives on it in Belize and the weights dropped out of my pockets on 3 dives. The first time I thought maybe I just didn't have the velcro together properly, but the other two times I did a thorough check before each dive. They seemed to have come out further into the dive when I went into a head down position. I was diving with 12 pounds of weight. Two 3 pound hard weights on each side. I absolutely love this BC otherwise. It's rugged enough and rolls up like newspaper. So I have a few questions to try and make this a bit safer for me.

Are there any weight configurations that work better with this BC? like soft versus hard or several small weights versus one big one?

Would using a zip tie to hold the weights together help if I use multiple hard weights?

I noticed that the top and bottom flap have a loop of webbing on the end that can touch each other. Would adding a little Velcro to them help? and if so would it void my warranty?

I think that maybe the weights shifting might be part of the problem. Does anyone think that stuffing a rag or a sock in the empty space to keep things from shifting would help. Or would it cause problems if I had to ditch them?

Anything else that I'm not thinking of that anyone could suggest would be greatly appreciated.
I really like this BC but want it make sure it's safe for before I put my son in it.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom