Zeagle Z, it needs repair, I need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank:
If you can find someone to teach you how to service regulators, than you can order the parts kit for maybe $15~20. Rebuilding a reg is MUCH easier than rebuilding a carb, however you don't want to do it wrong because last time I checked having a working regulator at 80' is kinda necessary when diving! :D

There are lots of ways to do it wrong. But I believe that with the exception of things that may be improperly tightened, your errors will be revealed very quickly either in the sink or on that 1st shallow test dive you make. Once you get it to 80 ft, my only worries would be about the things the repair tech over or under torqued.

A complete rebuild is $49.95 plus parts. And that includes the first, second and octo stages. The parts kits should be under 20 bucks.

If at some time you want to do your own service, a good place to start is getting a rebuild manual for the zeagles, which we carry... they run $24.95. But the other posters are right that without some speciality tools, an IP gauge, etc... It might be cheaper and easier to have someone that works on them all the time do it.

Here is the page that includes the info, and a PDF form to fill out if you wanted to send it to us. http://scubatoys.com/store/regs/regrepair.asp

ps. Just let us know how many port plugs you want - we'll toss you some no charge.

thanks for all the thoughts guys, im going to let the scuba toys fellas have a look at it (was considering some gear from them anyway, might kill 2 birds with one stone).

think ill study up and get geared up for my own annuals, but i think id rather have this one go to the hospital and get a clean bill of health first.

Well heck,

Before you send it to them, take the bloody thing apart to see how it works and next time you'll know what you are getting into. :)

couv

couv:
Well heck,

Before you send it to them, take the bloody thing apart to see how it works and next time you'll know what you are getting into. :)

couv

Don't you know the old saying on reg labor... $49.95, but if you want to watch... $59.95. If you want to help $69.95.. and if you've already tried to fix it yourself - $79.95:wink: (just kidding)

But honestly, we've had people send us regs that "a friend of mine tried to fix" and seen parts missing, parts put in upsidown... and even a shoe box full of reg parts. But heck... we'll tackle anything!

A good tech always has a few parts left over if he did the job right. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom