Zeagle Zena Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amadeus023

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi - this is a question for those of you that own a zeagle zena bc. I would like to know how you have it configured in terms of clips, computer, accessories (knife, flashlight, whistle), weights, etc.,. This bc does not have all the pockets like other bc's so I was just curious how other people configure their zena. TY!

Of course what everyone carries will depend on each individual, but this is what I do:

AI computer: Pin retractor secured to front of corset just to the left of the zipper just below the mid-level strap.

Flashlight: I clip the lanyard to a D-ring and tuck the flashlight under the lower shoulder section of the corset (above left breast).

Whistle: Zip-tied to my inflator hose.

Knife: Attached to lower left strap.

Octo: Secured to upper D ring on right side.

Safety Sausage and rattle: Hang together from lowest D ring on right side.

Airhorn attached to inflator hose.

Weights....go in weight pockets.

When we're on our liveaboards (Nekton and Odyssey), they use steel tanks so I need little or no weight, in which case I carry a fold-up snorkel in one of my rear weight pockets. My husband carries the camera since he's the "photographer" in our family. :wink:

Hope that helps.

On the topic of Zeagle Zena BCs, how easy is it to remove the integrated weights in the water witht that ripcord system so my wife can have an easier time climbing the boat ladder?

She is thinking of buying a Zena this could be the deciding factor.

Wife's Zena underwater. Most things are visible.
jamaica_12.JPG

Daner:
On the topic of Zeagle Zena BCs, how easy is it to remove the integrated weights in the water witht that ripcord system so my wife can have an easier time climbing the boat ladder?

You don't want to use the ripcord system to remove the weights in a non-emergency. :shakehead

Yeah, I would not use the ripcord for that purpose. Though it's easier to rethrewad on a Zena, not as many loops.

Get a pair of the yellow weight thingies. Put her weights inside of those. Then it's super easy to unzip the weight pockets & take the whole pounch out.

Hello everyone - thanks for the responses. I was wondering if anyone has considered/or has added some metal d-rings up higher along the shoulders?

cfelliot - your wife looks nice in her zena.

divemaven - how do you distibute your weight in your pockets? How much in front & back?

I went diving in a lake today and I ended up putting 14lbs in the rear pockets & 4 lbs in the front. Another thing was that I was wearing 0.5 + 5 + 7 mm of neoprene and towards the end of my dive I found myself floating upwards and I was unable to stop it. The guy at the shop asked me how much air I had left and I told him that I had about 1000 psi and he said that the tanks were aluminum and that they became very bouyant at about 1000 psi. Has anyone ever experienced this before? If so, how did you avoid this from happening again - more weight??? I did have some difficulty getting down and had to use a buoy line to get down so I probably did not have enough weight to start.

If you became very buoyant at the end of the dive, you definitely need to add more weight. That's why a lot of folks love (and own) steel tanks vs. aluminum.

When I'm diving with aluminum tanks, I use 14# in a 5mm full suit in salt water. I put 8# in front and 6# in the back pockets, which keeps me very balanced. When I dive steel tanks, I put all my weights in the front pockets (6#).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom