Zeagle Zena - question about inflator hose position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddavin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a new Zeagle Zena and love the fit! My only problem is where the inflator hose attaches to the bladder rubs on my tank. I'm afraid it will break off, but if I have my tank any lower (so the hose is above the tank) it bumps the back of my legs. Any suggestions or do I just get used to it?

I've been diving my Zena since 2004 with over 500 dives on it. I'm weird (according to my friends) because I like my tank to be a little higher on my back than is typical. I have NEVER had a problem with my inflator hose (or anything else) on my Zena.

I have a new Zeagle Zena and love the fit! My only problem is where the inflator hose attaches to the bladder rubs on my tank. I'm afraid it will break off, but if I have my tank any lower (so the hose is above the tank) it bumps the back of my legs. Any suggestions or do I just get used to it?

Could you possibly show us a picture of your set up and how the hose is routed? Its not likely that you'll saw through the LP inflator hose by rubbing it against the tank, under normal conditions. Or are you referring to the Remote Exhaust Valve?

No, not my exhaust valve. Having trouble posting pictures! Jeff is there an email address I can send them to as attachments? Would work wonderfully if the hose connection was an inch to the left!!!

Zena 03.jpgZena 01.jpgZena 02.jpg

Here are the pictures of ddavin's Zena. Out of curiousity, what size vest/torso Zena is this?

I have to walk away for a bit to get some regulators built but I'll be back with some insight. In the meantime, DiveMaven do you mind giving your thoughts? I'm afraid I'm not the best personal resource for "fit" on the Zena BC.

I don't have a tank at home to put my Zena on, so I thought I'd put a tape measure on the back so you could see the scale of where everything is. The top of the tape measure is right at the top point of the back of the neck for reference. My Zena is a medium, so yours would be a bit smaller when measured.

If you look at my BC, where the nylon is right above the top tank band, you might be able to see it beginning to wear. Clearly, my inflator assembly touches my tank when mounted (just based on where it's located in reference to the tank bands), but there is no visible wear to the inflator assembly after over 500 dives in 8 years, and this is original equipment.

I think I have noticed what you're referring to before, and if it's the same thing, many times I have wished my inflator assembly were a bit over to the left more. But ultimately it doesn't bother me when I'm geared up so I don't worry about it. I've attached a cropped photo of me diving so you can see how high I prefer my tank to be and where the inflator is (and that it's touching the tank). I hope this is helpful.

Zena.jpgcropped.jpg

DiveMaven, Thank you so much! I will quit worrying about it now and start packing. We are headed to Bonaire this weekend and I am looking forward to using my new Zena!

Jeff, thanks for your help as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom