Zeagle Zena - question about inflator hose position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddavin, you're so welcome, I'm glad I could help. Have a great time in Bonaire!! I'm behind you by about a month and can't wait!!

I'd like to make a suggestion for your Zena while shore diving. When you gear up, pull your shoulder straps all the way tight so your Zena and tank are high on your back. Walk into the water and let them out after you've put your fins on, go horizontal and follow the proper adjustment procedure as you start your dive. Then right as you're standing up to exit at the end of the dive, pull your shoulder straps all the way tight again to walk out.

I've found that for shore diving, having my Zena and tank up high on my back makes for a more stable system that doesn't feel like it's dragging me backward as I move.

Thanks for the suggestion, hope to put it to lots and lots of practice! Sorry we won't overlap in Bonaire.

Would you believe me if I said I've been building regulators since I last posted? :crazyeye: So sorry for abandoning this post yesterday but being the end of the month we push to build and ship everything we can. Anyway, that's my problem and not yours.

As DiveMaven pointed out although the RE Valve would rub a little bit on a size SM vest it's pretty tough and will continue to function for a very long time, although the abrasion will make the finish on the plastic go a bit rough. This is one of the difficulties with building "small" stuff, you still need to have critical components in certain locations to make sure everything still works the way you want it to. In this instance a small vest moves the tank up a little higher than we'd prefer in relation to the bladder and RE valve.

If you are concerned about durability and future issues you'll be happy to know that we would stand behind a warranty claim like this (within reason, after 15+ years there's an expectation that it'll just flat wear out naturally through wear & tear and need to be replaced). If it totally breaks down within a year or so we'd fix that. Just be sure to register your product and SAVE YOUR ORIGINAL PURCHASE RECEIPT.

Let us know if you need assistance again and enjoy your new Zena!

Back
Top Bottom