Zebulon Pike Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
THE ZEB HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!!!

I have to give credit to mm2002 who actually located the girl. She is docked at Long Creek Marina south of Branson.

Check out my album below, for pics.

Amazing story, mm2002 was scouting camp sites and found a nice site for the weekend. When he walked down to the water...whula...there she was. I met up with mm2002 and his wife (both are great people by the way)for a dive a Dewey today and then we started on the adventure to find the Zeb.

The story we were told is that ownership is once again in limbo. The potential new owner has acquired the boat, but the sale is not final. The new owner is deciding what to do with the boat. One option is to restore it, but it comes with a $350,000 price tag. The other option is to sink it for a dive attraction.

Enjoy the pictures. As you can see she is in pretty bad shape.

S. Nagel

Interesting pictures. I think it would look best on the botom of the lake as a twin to it's whatever the other Zebulon Pike is. N

Interesting pictures. I think it would look best on the botom of the lake as a twin to it's whatever the other Zebulon Pike is. N

Actually, we can't consider it a "twin". It's the real Zeb. The "other" dive attraction has been mis-named for so long that having the real Zeb to dive on will be a very unique experience. The reality is, nobody has ever dove the Zeb. I'm planning to be among the first. :wink:
(of course, it will be with my brother Nagel)

Whatever is on the bottom looks larger than that cabin cruiser.

Well, before we can dive it doesn't it have to get sunk? Hopefully not so deep it cannot be reached.

N

Cherryville is a private quarry located near Steelville, MO. Back in the day, it was dove frequently, but not much anymore because it is private. How we found out about it, is that SteveC's father use to dive it. SteveC did alot of research and finally found it. We are not exactly sure who owns it anymore, but a neighbor has been keeping an eye on it. He graciously allowed us in to dive it.

Very beautiful place, but not exactly the greatest dive. Viz was fairly minimal and the water was the coldest water I have ever dove in. Okay with heavy suits, but face was so cold it gave me a "ice cream headache".

The story we heard was that a train engine was in the bottom of the quarry, but we never found it.

S. Nagel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom