Zen Dome, cover and macro questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a different "macro" question. Will the Panasonic 45mm work inside of the dome port? I was very impressed by nudibranco's macro photos using the macro adapter and will try that out as well, but I want to know if the "ultimate" macro lens will work. It is just about the same size as the 14-42 when that lens is fully extended.

I hope so, I ordered one. The old e-pl1 housing is what I have and measured.

Thnx.

Nice shots! I have been wondering if this wouldn't be the best "all around" set up if you aren't exactly sure whether you need wide angle (9-18 with dome) or macro (14-42 with flat port) on a given dive. By modifying the lens shade on the dome port to snugly fit the macro adapter, it seems like this a great set up. I have not gotten mine wet yet, except in the pool......I can hardly wait!

I have a different "macro" question. Will the Panasonic 45mm work inside of the dome port? I was very impressed by nudibranco's macro photos using the macro adapter and will try that out as well, but I want to know if the "ultimate" macro lens will work. It is just about the same size as the 14-42 when that lens is fully extended.

Yes, it will.... the question is... would you really want to use it that way?..... The 45mm is a 45mm with the dome. With the flat port, it behaves more like a 56mm giving you a bit more wiggle room between the port and subject.... I would try it both ways and see how it works for you.

I might be wrong but it seems to me that I can focus closer with dome so having the zen dome all the time is not a problem for macro or semi macro.

Also, I do attach the PMLA macro adapter to the zen port with success. Just a few 1mm thick adhesives on the zen port or the pmla will be sufficient to fill the slightly smaller circumference of the Zen port and anjoy a tight fit. I included a few pics taken with the zen dome port the 14-42 kit lens and macro lens attached.

View attachment 100139 View attachment 100140 View attachment 100141

Any idea as to the use of the 10 Bar attachment for their dome on the Zen dome? It seems to attach to the two blades on the dome instead of fitting around the entire lens.

Attachments

• macro-holder.jpg
    macro-holder.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 181
Any idea as to the use of the 10 Bar attachment for their dome on the Zen dome? It seems to attach to the two blades on the dome instead of fitting around the entire lens.

Any idea whether this attachment will work with other dome lens? I am particularly interested in the Nauticam 4" semi-dome for 9-18mm lens...

Also what the optical interactions between the dome and the macro lens? Will it changed the image ratio (as compared to a flat port)?

Back
Top Bottom