Zena wins over Diva for me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been diving with a SeaQuest Diva BC and haven't been happy with it from pretty much the get go. It is an excellent BC and I know quite a few women who love their Divas and wouldn't part with them for anything. But lately I've been feeling very disgruntled with my Diva and began a search for a new BC. The Zeagle Zena kept popping up as another highly recommended BC by women, but based on my experiences with the Diva, I found myself a little gun shy to buy one sight unseen.

Today I went to my LDS to swim (I use the pool 3x a week), and to my surprise saw a Zena hanging on the wall (never seen it there before). I immediately asked to try it on, and the minute I put it on, I knew I had found my new BC!! :07: Once the Zena was fully adjusted, it fitted as if I had sent Zeagle my measurements and they custom made it for me.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the Diva at all. The Diva is a quality BC, and had it fit my body properly, I'd probably really love it. My problem is that I have an athletic swimmer's body (broad shoulders, wide back), and a regular BC typically just rides up when inflated because the "cumberbun" is too wide and can't be tightened down properly below my ribs.

I absolutely did a lousy job of finding the proper BC for myself in the first place, and instead of doing an extensive hunt and search, I listened to the recommendations of other women divers I know when I chose the Diva. Definitely can say I learned my lesson, and now that I know what I need, I'm confident that the Zena is the answer to my prayers.

Kudos to Zeagle...I love my Envoy and am fully prepared to love my Zena!

Diveme,

You bring up an excellent point. Divers are very helpful folks, and we want to help everyone that asks for advice. The problem is that all this well-meaning advice can hinder rather than help sometimes. None of us can judge what the best BCD, regulator, etc is for another person. As responsible divers, we must make decisions and choices for ourselves. It is fine to ask for and consider advice, but when the chips are down and in an "emergency" the diver needs to be comfortable with their equipment. My advice is to check out all equipment and find what feels right to you!

TrainerAW

Thanks Scott, I'm waiting to hear from Larry if he has a medium in stock, so I haven't purchased my Zena yet. I'm definitely a fan of Zeagle products, and will look to you first in the future for my purchases. Fortunately I haven't needed customer service help, but am confident that it will be first rate if I ever do. Thanks again for building a quality product in the USA!!! :D

I just started BC shopping. I'm small and busty, so most BCs squish me up top. The Diva was recommended to me, as well as the Ladyhawk (both are sold at my LDS). I am considering those as well as the Zena. Please keep us posted if you do get the Zena.

I've been diving with a Zena for a couple of years. It's a great bc- a couple of minor things prevent it from being perfect. It's got a tendency to trap air but I've perfected a way of getting most of it out- wish I could say 100%. But for sheer comfort, it can't be beat! Altough I have had it from the day after I got certifed, I still remember how the three other bc's that I dove in rode up on me & made me uncomfortable. Doesn't happen in my Zena, though. I do wish that there were more pockets, or at least one large one on the body with a Velcro closure.

One question for Scott that I've been meaning to ask- is there any way of expanding the side clips? I'm think about going dry & will need some way of expanding the sides of my small bc to accomodate the added bulk of a drysuit.

Marvel:
One question for Scott that I've been meaning to ask- is there any way of expanding the side clips? I'm think about going dry & will need some way of expanding the sides of my small bc to accomodate the added bulk of a drysuit.

There is not really an easy way to expand the straps, but the "next size up" front panel will strap on easily and give you extra room that you need...

Back
Top Bottom