ZEUS - got one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The way you describe your pocket is just strange...there isn't even anything remotely like it sounds like on Zeagle's website. I'd PM Scott and ask him what the heck it is.....then ask him if you can exchange it for the proper pocket.

One thing I didn't add about the Zeus/Zena pocket is that it's stiffer than the regular utility pocket. The added stiffness is really nice and makes it easier to use when compared to my husband's standard utility pocket he got for his Ranger LTD, which is "floppy" in comparison.

The way you describe your pocket is just strange...there isn't even anything remotely like it sounds like on Zeagle's website. I'd PM Scott and ask him what the heck it is.....then ask him if you can exchange it for the proper pocket.

One thing I didn't add about the Zeus/Zena pocket is that it's stiffer than the regular utility pocket. The added stiffness is really nice and makes it easier to use when compared to my husband's standard utility pocket he got for his Ranger LTD, which is "floppy" in comparison.

Well, first I want to see if this pocket is some sort of top secret prototype worth big bucks to Zeagle for it not to fall into the wrong hands. :crafty:

I'm sure Scott's going to drop in on this thread sooner or later.

...helpful hint.....never tell a guy he's got anything 'floppy'...... :D

Well, first I want to see if this pocket is some sort of top secret prototype worth big bucks to Zeagle for it not to fall into the wrong hands. :crafty:

I'm sure Scott's going to drop in on this thread sooner or later.

Sorry for the delay...I was in California and didn't do much online work...

The truth is, you may have some top secret proto-type, because I have no idea what pocket you have!!!

I cannot think of ANY pocket that we currently make which has a clip that would attach to a d-ring.

:confused:

Any chance that you can post a couple of pictures? One from the front and one from the back would be great.

Did you buy this mystery pocket at your LDS?

Thanks,

Scott

Sorry for the delay...I was in California and didn't do much online work...

The truth is, you may have some top secret proto-type, because I have no idea what pocket you have!!!

I cannot think of ANY pocket that we currently make which has a clip that would attach to a d-ring.

:confused:

Any chance that you can post a couple of pictures? One from the front and one from the back would be great.

Did you buy this mystery pocket at your LDS?

Thanks,

Scott

:D:D:D

Scott,

Actually, this mystery pocket is winging its way back to Zeagle even as I type. I did buy it at my LDS. It was part of the order they placed with Zeagle for the Zeus, lumbar pad and pocket so it all arrived together at the same time.

Here's the update:

Night before last I decided to attach the lumbar pad to the Zeus. Only I couldn't figure out how to make it fit. It seemed to me that the pad was about three or four inches too short. After wrestling with it for a while, I took a look in the catalog and realized that I probably didn't have the right pad. The lumbar pad I was working with extended around the hips. The Zeus lumbar pad in the catalog did not.

So yesterday morning and with the catalog in hand, I called your HQ and a very nice woman (Veronica?) kindly got a catalog so we could compare. We confirmed that I had the wrong lumbar pad. While we were at it, I described the pocket I had received. Other than confirming I didn't have the Zeus pocket, she couldn't identify it based on my description, either.

So yesterday afternoon I took the pocket and lumbar pad down to my LDS, so we can do a swap with Zeagle for the correct gear. As it turned out, my LDS had earlier ordered a couple of more Zeagle BCs ("they're selling like hotcakes!") but you guys are so efficient that you had already put them in the mail. So today Zeagle's shipping the Zeus gear and my LDS is shipping back the not Zeus gear.

Jeff, my LDS guy, and I tried to match the mystery pocket to one of the ones in the catalog but to no avail. The closest it comes is to a "Quick Pocket," I think it was called, but the one in the catalog has a small "Z" on the side and the one I had does not.

And to clear this up, the mystery pocket doesn't have a clip on the back. It has a velcro strap on the back and another velcro strap that runs underneath the pocket from the back to the front. In an earlier post I mentioned that I was probably wrong about attaching it to a D-ring and that it would make more sense to attach it to a BC strap.

So I can't post photos, sorry, but when it comes in if you'll take a look and tell us which pocket it is you'll satisfy a lot of folks' curiosity.

The Zeus!
Where to start? What an amazing idea the Zena was, I was incredibly happy they followed it up with a male version. I work at a LDS here in Colorado and was ecstatic when we got some in. I had been contemplating for a while between getting the Ranger or the Zeus. I ended up going with the Ranger over a few small nit picks here and there.
I thoroughly enjoyed getting to be one of the first with some hands on, but there are a few things I would have to change about it before I got one. This is just my opinion and what ended up stearing me away from what I still consider an amazing bc (I went with the ranger to accomidate my local diving more-so).
The bladder : 24 lb lift bladder. I read that they could be swapped out for another bladder, not sure if this would change the price of it one way or the other, but not my first concern. I prefer something with a bit more lift, as a vast majority of my dives are local to Colorado and anything north, brr cold stuff, more weight more gear yada yada. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe 24 lb lift would be ideal for the tropical stuff. Off the top of my head I want to say the ranger boasts 44?
Moving right along. The quick release weight system. I really liked the rip cord idea on the other Zeagles that I have seen. It truly is a one handed emergency rip for both of your side/front weight pouches. From what I saw of the Zeus it has isolated emergency releases for each individual pouch. Meaning in that situation where you would need to dump your weights you would have to do them all individually, either with both hands silmultaneously for the side pouches or one hand at a time in the event you were holding on to something/somebody. As an afterthought, the weight pockes seemed to be positioned pretty far to the back. I'm not the most limber guy around and those weights posed a nuisance to reach.
Looking back I think those were my main two concerns which are obviously not for everybody or a huge deal with picking a recreational bc. I noticed the zipper pull tab on the front panel (not sure what you want to call it but the zipper 'grip'/pull tab thingy) was on the left side! The owner of the LDS thought this might have been a mistake from when they were making the Zena panels and forgot to change the location of the zipper head, but after inspecting the Zena, the zipper head is on the right side of teeth if you are wearing it. Thought it was strange, but definitely not a problem. One co-worker did have a hard time with the zipping process, but I imagine as previously stated it is taken care of with breaking in and time (me and another dude had 0 problems with the zipper).
Uhg, may have overposted a bit on this one, but I'll end it quick. Zeagle, make a hybrid of the Ranger Zeus! Really loved the fit and snugness of the Zeus, love the bells and whistles of the Ranger. Throw on an emergency rip, Ranger side weight pouches and pockets, bigger lift bladder and a Zeus front panel with the zipp kind of snugness and you've made my dream come true. Sorry for the length, really loved the Zeus! You guys at Zeagle are rocking majorly, keep up the amazing work!

I'm going to be really embarrassed if it turns out that the problem was in my description, but I tried to be as accurate as possible.

:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom