Backpad or No?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Paragon too. I stuffed a 3 ft SMB into the BP pad pocket with the D-ring hanging out the bottom and attached to the rear D-ring with a double ender. Out of water I pulled it out to see how it would work. Seemed okay, but not sure how it would compare to other methods because I have no experience other than the little I did at certification.
I have a 6 foot SMB and a Halcyon Defender Pro spool, so I have not used the SMB pocket.

Whats wrong with OMS gear, i have never had issues and i have had some stuff for 15 years.
Customer service is abysmal. The reputation of OMS is well known.

Try to get them to honor their warranty. Try to get them to respond to your inquiries. Good luck.

I sent them my defective wing with tracking and insurance. It took them 6 months to finally respond to my letters, phone calls, and emails. They wouldn't honor their warranty and it took another 6 months for them to return my wing, despite dozens of calls and emails.

Try to get them to honor their warranty. Try to get them to respond to your inquiries. Good luck.

I sent them my defective wing with tracking and insurance. It took them 6 months to finally respond to my letters, phone calls, and emails. They wouldn't honor their warranty and it took another 6 months for them to return my wing, despite dozens of calls and emails.
I have never tried to use their customer service, i have an old doubles 98 set (tanks, manifold, wing, bands) that i bought used almost 15 years ago and they have been fine. Maybe something changed since DUI took over.

My wife was recently looking at One of their harnesses and backplates, maybe i will steer her in a different direction though there isn’t much to go wrong there.

That was a long time ago no ? It seems things have change a lot.

comfortwize, there should be no need for a pad with a plate. However, check the length of the bolts if you have a single tank adapter or the bolts that hold your plate to your tanks. I do keep storage pads on both my plates. Not for comfort, or storage, but to make sure the bolts don't get in contact with my drysuit to make holes! For ease of reaching the wing nuts, I keep the lower right corner unfastened.

No pad for me either. I once had halcyon infinity, super comfortable jello pads on shoulder and back when playing around on hand. But after some dives, I took it off and never feel the need for them. Now I still have the infinity as pool setup/wife's bpw/loaner, but no padding at all. I would say try it with and without and see if you feel the difference?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom