Zip seal gloves? Yep. Im thinking it's time.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ironandchrome

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
DUI Zip Gloves, size L. Worth the $ to not have frozen hands after 60 minutes? Maybe.

Anybody else have the blue smurf glove zip seals on their suits? Gripes? Raves?
I think Im going to buy a pair. It’s impossible to find a pair under $170 though.
I find that a bit strange, looking at how many folks have sold off their dive gear when the economy tanked.

Craigslist is full of this stuff. Just not the zip gloves? Apparently the secret is out.
Anybody w/ a drysuit wants these things installed at some point.

I have had zip seals, sitech and Kubi dry gloves. Love my DUI drysuit but the zip gloves suck. I have been super happy with my Kubi gloves. Easy on and off, never leak and small aluminum rings.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I have had zip seals, sitech and Kubi dry gloves. Love my DUI drysuit but the zip gloves suck. I have been super happy with my Kubi gloves. Easy on and off, never leak and small aluminum rings.

I know this thread is about DUI zip gloves of which I have no knowledge but do wanna give the Kubis a shout out, totally agree. Love them. Just wish they could be used with replaceable seal system.

I have a pair of Medium blue Zip seal gloves I'll let you have for half that--they're the same size as the Atlas smurf gloves in L. (I switched over to the Antares ring system.)

I'll include a pair of latex Zip seals, trimmed, but for a small wrist.

Last edited:
hmm, it is a tough call. I hate the fact that zip glove must be on if the suit is on. Especially on multiple dive day with short SI, I want to be able to use my hands on land more efficiently without taking of the suit. However, zip gloves have two big advantage. 1) low profile, no rigid ring, which can get in the way for valve manipulation. 2)After trying a few dry glove systems, zip glove is the only thing that hasn't leaked on me. Maybe it is an user error, but zip gloves are just simple with no learning curve.

I would have love wet gloves but write seal is always leaky for my because my wrists have deep tendon. I am still looking for a convinent and reliable solution. I am willing to pay a bit more at this point.

Kubi gloves can be used with zip seals. I use them that way. Not as low of profile as zip gloves, but the aluminum rings are small. Just buy the size that you can barely get your hand through (80,90 or 100 mm)

I have zip seals on my DUI suit. I leave them on permanently. If I need to use bare hands between dives I just lift the neckseal off my head and pull my arms through, leaving the suspenders on.

DUI Zip Gloves, size L. Worth the $ to not have frozen hands after 60 minutes? Maybe.

Anybody else have the blue smurf glove zip seals on their suits? Gripes? Raves?
I think Im going to buy a pair. It’s impossible to find a pair under $170 though.
I find that a bit strange, looking at how many folks have sold off their dive gear when the economy tanked.

Craigslist is full of this stuff. Just not the zip gloves? Apparently the secret is out.
Anybody w/ a drysuit wants these things installed at some point.

You have to admire DUI for turning a $15 set of Atlas gloves for into a >$100 "system".

I use XS "Dry 5" gloves and am very happy

Back
Top Bottom