Zipping Rear Entry Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dive a rear entry DUI drysuit that I have to zip and unzip by myself. Major pain.

Found the answer hanging on my chest D-ring. Clip a double dog boltsnap to the drysuit's "T handle" (on the zipper) and clip the other end of the boltsnap onto the rod of the pneumatic brake for your tailgate. Tuck your undergarments in, do a 'scratch your back' maneuver and good to go...

Wax that zipper!

I used a tie down to some part of my truck when I used to windsurf and kiteboard in a drysuit. Then as you do just rolled my body to zip and unzip.

I simply bought a drysuit which uses a zipper you can move by yourself. I absolutely hate those brass zippers, they're more harm then good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkJrckGig7Y

You can also have someone put a TiZip on your current suit as well.

I had front zip suits prior to this one and they were too damn baggy. All the excess material necessary made them feel like wearing extra large underwear, even when I had a custom suit built. So I decided back zip was the way to go and what a difference it made in trim.

Thats kool you have the right glues to do the zipper yourself. :)

Or you can do it yourself :D I have done a couple now into DUI suits. They are a lot smoother for sure.

Of course front zip is truly self donning, and the way all my suits are built today.

Can you post what you did? I have an old cf200x that would be revived by a new tizip.

Can you post what you did? I have an old cf200x that would be revived by a new tizip.
Start by cutting the glue loose with a sharp razor blade. One wrong slip could destroy it, so having a blade that is mostly covered would be good. Then using a seam ripper cut all the stitches out of it (Assuming it was stitched as my CF200 was not). Cut the starting end of the Ti-zip but leave the other side long for now, and cut it once it is mostly installed. Test fit it and if it works start installing it. On the TLS model I sew it, and probably would even with a CF200. Then use Cotol thinned Aquaseal to seal it up. If it gets glued you can buy glue from Dive Right In Scuba or I still use my quart of PB-300 from OS Systems, and just renew it with MEK when it starts getting dry.

There are folks on this board that have great write up on zipper replacement. Heck there might even be a youtube video by now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom