Zoop Novo Wrist Flashes Random Characters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pscottbaker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I purchased a Zoop Novo Wrist dive computer last year, May 23rd, 2016 to be exact. I took it on about 50 dives last year in the summer and it worked fine. This year at the end of May we took our first dive of the season and once I hit the water it just flashed random screens and characters, all nonsense. It never properly displayed or detected depth, bottom time, no valid content at all. The warranty says its good for 2 years. I've contacted Suunto support, but after looking around I'm seeing similar posts on the web at different forums. I had a similar problem with an Oceanic VEO 3.0 and it required a FW update. I've also seen some posts in here where Suunoto product management had made some responses to various posts so I'm hoping this will be read by them as well. I'm hoping there is a FW update that will resolve this and at no charge to me since the device is under warranty and I have my original receipt, not to mention it has only 50 dives lifetime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom