Ft. Pickens--will be seeking buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'll be in Biloxi from Feb. 1 to the end of March and will be seeking a buddy to dive Ft. Pickens. Looking to do some shell collecting (dead or alive ones). I've been there years ago and dived solo, but I know that's against the rules there. I have the tides written out. If interested, please PM me and we can get in contact as time gets closer. Thanks.

I should be around one or more of the weekends in Feb and Mar. I could be persuaded, if the weather and tides cooperated. FWIW, I've solo dived there a few times (but there were other groups in the water, too).

I'll be in Biloxi from Feb. 1 to the end of March and will be seeking a buddy to dive Ft. Pickens. Looking to do some shell collecting (dead or alive ones). I've been there years ago and dived solo, but I know that's against the rules there. I have the tides written out. If interested, please PM me and we can get in contact as time gets closer. Thanks.
I am looking to dive either Ft Pickens or Saint Andrews during the second half of March. I'm a newbe but fairly comfortable with up to 70ft and have pretty low air consumption.

I should be around one or more of the weekends in Feb and Mar. I could be persuaded, if the weather and tides cooperated. FWIW, I've solo dived there a few times (but there were other groups in the water, too).
Am in Biloxi and contacting several who may be interested in doing Ft. Pickens during Feb. 25-28 (2-2:30 high tides). PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

I am looking at Saint Andrews around March 18-24. However, Ft Pickens is my alternate location.

that's about 90 minutes from me. I haven't dove there or even been there yet. I'm told it's a nice dive, a bunch of local divers go there fairly regularly.

right now the local news reports the water temps at the beach at 60 or so, sometimes in the 50's. They recently report 60 but that was 12 miles out, the beach was colder.

I've been holding out for the water to warm up a bit before going over to try it.

I would be down with diving with you in mid-March! I have been looking for people to go with. I just recently got certified so I would like to go with someone that has some experience. I'm stationed at NAS Pensacola so I can see Ft. Pickens from my window. Also, the weekend of March 12-13 I am looking for anyone who wants to go dive the Joe Patti barge or the Tex Edwards.

Doubles. Hmm. Ft Pickens is fairly shallow. Doubles would make for a long dive.

How was your dive shop buddy?

Back
Top Bottom