Does anyone carry back up SPG / computer or any other gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The other DMs were Celso, Nico & Sugi. Any of them rings your bell?.[/QUOTE?

Celso was on both my MM2 trips, he's wealth of information and gives great breifings. Nico was on one of my trips and was very friendly and enthusiastic about marine life.
My guide was Kutut and a incredible spotter. When you watch him on a night dive decide weather some sponge 3 meters away isn't a cool frog fish you realize he's incredible.

Some of these DMs' eyesight are amazing. There is one DM that kept pointing into a fuzz that I just couldn't see. For grin, I just took a shot of it, which later it turned out to be a hairy shrimp, after I blew the picture up on the laptop screen. Without those guys, I probably lucky to spot 25% of what they find.

I have an Atom 2.0 that was my first computer and I found it to be a great vacation watch (so I didn't have to worry about losing my expensive watch on a trip). The atom 2, although a great computer in such a small package, is really confusing to use, is a pain in the ass to take off when also taking off a wetsuit, and a bit on the small side for my aging eyes. And, did I mention it is confusing to use?. So I recently picked up a used VT4.0 and now I just tie my atom to my BCD as a back up while diving. I did have an incident a couple years back where my atom died on me in the middle of a night dive, so a 2nd computer was on my list. I also have a small SPG as well in case my transmitter goes.

Back
Top Bottom