Shore Dives Adjacent to the Port of Goderich

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you were there Sunday the dive flag was me. Visibility was minimal though so we didn't find the boneyard (first time I had to hold hands with my buddy so we didn't loose each other).

Did you get any temperature readings out there?

75 degrees

We hit 77 degress just off the arch of Rotary beach. Very nice warm water. Partner wore a dry suit and was sweating.

Found maybe 4 ship wrecks. Boneyard is a great name they gave this place. Stumbled upon wreck after wreck.

5 feet of vis max. Lots of fish.

Here's a frame the video we captured of the Goderich Boneyard.
Goderich Boneyard Shipwreck Hunters J Turner July 2016 Scuba Diving Ontario Canada.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for reserecting an aging thread but I have a couple questions related to this topic.
I was raised in Goderich and moved away 25 years ago when I was 27. Never had any idea, at the time, that pepole may be scuba diving the waters so close to beaches I basically 'lived' at every summer.

A buddy and I are going to try this dive, if the weather and waves cooperate.
Is the location of the dropped Google map pin (a previous post) really very close to the wrecks. It seems to be perpendicular to shore between St. Christopher's Beach and Rotary Beach.

Is there a known cylinder filling location in or near Goderich?

Thanks
Paul

Is there a known cylinder filling location in or near Goderich?
The closest place to get fills would be Port Elgin at Groundhog Divers. I would call ahead though and confirm they are open (even if their website says they should be open).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom