Xs Scuba 120?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The LDS owner told me it was a XS Scuba Worthington 120. That is stamped on the tank. He thought it was a LP tank since it wasn't stamped 3500 psi. From reading here it is an HP120.

The LDS owner told me it was a XS Scuba Worthington 120. That is stamped on the tank. He thought it was a LP tank since it wasn't stamped 3500 psi. From reading here it is an HP120.
It is rather odd for an LDS to call what is traditionally in the US called an "HP" as not an LP.

@pepperbelly - here is a reference for your convenience. ScubaGoneWild::Scuba Class::Scuba Tank Markings

It should say "XS Scuba X? 120". I think it is actually X8 119, IIRC.

With all this talk about tanks, I ended up ordering a Faber HP117. It is about an inch shorter than the Faber HP100 but larger in diameter.
The weight is 3.5 pounds heavier than the HP100. I can post a report if anyone is interested.
I am a 5ft, 9in male and 150 lbs. I feel the HP100 is borderline on height comfort. I use it because it works OK but prefer the Worthington HP100 over it.
I currently own: Worthington HP100 (short tank), Faber HP100, Faber HP133, Faber LP50.
I will try the 117 and see if the height, trim and girth end up well suited for what I'm after.

Lastly, is the short Worthington HP100 actually a 100cu ft?
It is shorter than the Faber HP100 that is also claimed to be 100cu ft.
Something doesn't add up and I'm guessing it is another "round up and round down" to the nearest 100.
Measure the diameter and you will find the Worthington is a little bigger around.

It is rather odd for an LDS to call what is traditionally in the US called an "HP" as not an LP.

@pepperbelly - here is a reference for your convenience. ScubaGoneWild::Scuba Class::Scuba Tank Markings

It should say "XS Scuba X? 120". I think it is actually X8 119, IIRC.

It might. I looked and thought I had posted what it said, but I lost interest when the seller didn't want to deal on the price.

I take it you stumbled on the two that a seller in Cupertino, California was selling. Yes, those went very quickly. Ironically, I know the buyer and the seller. Would you be interested in Pressed Steel HP100 (3500PSI 7/8 Vale Thread)? I might be selling mine, if I migrate to hp120s. I should know within 48 hours.
Small world, but yes, Cupertino! He had two more for sale, and I got my mitts on one today. Hope it passes hydro.

With all this talk about tanks, I ended up ordering a Faber HP117. It is about an inch shorter than the Faber HP100 but larger in diameter.
The weight is 3.5 pounds heavier than the HP100. I can post a report if anyone is interested.
I am a 5ft, 9in male and 150 lbs. I feel the HP100 is borderline on height comfort. I use it because it works OK but prefer the Worthington HP100 over it.
I currently own: Worthington HP100 (short tank), Faber HP100, Faber HP133, Faber LP50.
I will try the 117 and see if the height, trim and girth end up well suited for what I'm after.

Lastly, is the short Worthington HP100 actually a 100cu ft?
It is shorter than the Faber HP100 that is also claimed to be 100cu ft.
Something doesn't add up and I'm guessing it is another "round up and round down" to the nearest 100.

I'm doing some tank shopping now and would love to hear what you think of the HP117 - I'm 5'11" and I find that the HP100 is just a bit long on me. Seems like that extra inch + the extra air might be worth some extra cash.

I ended up taking both the Faber 130 and 117 on multiple boat dive trips and really like the 117.
If I don't set it up correct, the bottom bumps the back of my legs and if too high, it prevents my head from bending all the way back. The valve and regulator first stage interferes with the wing dump hose elbow even when set up correctly. I learned to mount the tank in my BP/W set up with the valve opening pointed behind me (backwards) so the first stage body is furthest behind me instead of between the backpack and tank valve. The boat crew filling tanks hate when I do this because they need to hook up the fill yoke behind the valve. They insist I remount the tank the traditional way. As a courtesy, I should start turning the entire set-up around when I strap it to the boat deck so they can fill it easily.
Yes, I like the 117 a lot. It seems to be only a couple inches shorter but seems to make a big difference. Maybe I am otherwise banging my head on the shoulder of the 130 tank?

If you are referring to the Faber FX117, yes these are my favorite of the 120 class tanks. They are the lightest weight for the volume, and slightly shorter than the FX100.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom