Trying to find the right PLB and canister combo...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mathieutn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I apologize if this has been beaten to death somewhere. I researched the different PLB's. I really cannot find a conclusion of which one to get to fit whatever canister. Is there anyone who just sells the whole combo unit as a package?

Matt

Also, Light Monkey will provide their battery canisters as survival carriers. The walls are 0.25" thick, so a 3.5" canister has a 3" diameter open space, etc. If you are putting more than one thing in it they said you could send them the stuff you want to place in it (that is ship them the actual stuff going in the canister) and they will find the smallest one it will fit in. Or give you a quote for a custom one if it won't fit.

I would not buy a Custom divers Delrin canister. I have had 2 and they have both failed. I am now going to try a McMurdo

See my post DIY PLB Dive Canister Critique

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom