Taxi Fare Update 09/2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

60 pesos = $3.23 USD at this moment.
At 18.59 to 1, yeah - but I never expect such at a merchant as they have to change the USD to MXN somewhere alone the line. If I get better than 17:1, I am happy enough - less than 10% difference. I do like the convenience of using USD. Last week I started to get too much in Pesos from an ATM, screwed that up, lost the card, so exchanged $200 - then ended up coming home with Pesos leftover.

I was wondering where Chief got $1.48US around down town?

How do you get that from 40 Pesos?

Hotel Cozumel to Downtown is 60 Pesos, but if you use USD - you will get a poor conversion rate. Most places were giving better than 17:1 last week, but the one taxi I used at Mega used 10:1.

http://www.scubaboard.com/community/attachments/taxi-fares-2-jpg.156932/

I said AROUND DOWNTOWN. As in El Centro. :letsparty: "At present , the minimum fee is charged at 25 pesos in the considered center comprised polygon the boardwalk area to 65 avenue and Boulevard Airport to 11 Sur, with increasing the left without leaving the box cost 26 pesos. "

Sorry is ACTUALLY a $1.40US right now. :cool:

The Hotel Cozumel isn't downtown. It is in front of Gringo Gulch though.... :poke:

Anything south of Mega is NOT downtown either....

The chart talks about hotels downtown. Maybe they can legally jack you an extra 14 peso or 54% if you stay at a hotel downtown and want to go downtown? I dunno.

I said AROUND DOWNTOWN. As in El Centro. :letsparty: "At present , the minimum fee is charged at 25 pesos in the considered center comprised polygon the boardwalk area to 65 avenue and Boulevard Airport to 11 Sur, with increasing the left without leaving the box cost 26 pesos. "

Sorry is ACTUALLY a $1.40US right now.
Ok, I didn't know there was a fare below 40 Pesos and google translations leave confusion .

The Hotel Cozumel isn't downtown. It is in front of Gringo Gulch though....
Nope, it's listed on the chart.

Anything south of Mega is NOT downtown either....

The chart talks about hotels downtown. Maybe they can legally jack you an extra 14 peso or 54% if you stay at a hotel downtown and want to go downtown? I dunno.
I think they do get to charge more at hotels and Mega, which encourages them to hang out in those lots. Charging me $4 USD because I didn't have 40 Pesos did piss me off, but I didn't say much. It's not like I had other choices with 20 liters of water, a coffee maker, and a liter of coffee liqueur.

Google maps had Mega in the wrong location. I got that corrected, but it may not last as they go with personal reports. If they would just look at their own street view.

Nope, it's listed on the chart.

I think they do get to charge more at hotels and Mega, which encourages them to hang out in those lots. Charging me $4 USD because I didn't have 40 Pesos did piss me off, but I didn't say much. It's not like I had other choices with 20 liters of water, a coffee maker, and a liter of coffee liqueur.

Hotel Cozumel is DEFINITELY not part of the downtown rates. That ends at 11 Ave (Margaritaville), or about a half block from my house. And yes, the rate is higher if you get a cab from Mega. 40 pesos is exactly what I pay to my house about 2 blocks from there...preferable to lugging my groceries home in my little cart. I pay the same fare if I catch a cab at Chedraui, which is south of 11 (and outside of the downtown boundaries) but doesn't have a dedicated cab stand. There's generally a guy who will grab my cart to load my groceries into the cab so he gets some small cambio.

I like to save copies of the 3 page rate card from Christi's sticky at the top of this forum on my phone so I can look up common fares. I might even show them to a taxi driver trying to charge me too much, but he'd still deny it - claim those are old fares, which they soon will be. I hope we have copies of the new card soon.

I just didn't use taxis much this last trip: Once hauling water, etc from Mega - for $4 because I had not acquired Pesos yet, and once to the airport. Otherwise I walked downtown, rode 3P transportation to & from the marina, rented a car one day to drive around the island, then turned it in as it was too much trouble to keep it past 6:30pm - walked to 3P's and rode the funky turtle truck to the east side & back.
banana-dancing-with-mario-smiley-emoticon.gif

I like to save copies of the 3 page rate card from Christi's sticky at the top of this forum on my phone so I can look up common fares. I might even show them to a taxi driver trying to charge me too much, but he'd still deny it - claim those are old fares, which they soon will be. I hope we have copies of the new card soon.
So that is effective Dec 2012 or 2013, right?

So that is effective Dec 2012 or 2013, right?
I have no idea what you mean there? Christi's post with fares is from June 2013 after the last increase, and I think the Chief said the new one starts next month.

I have no idea what you mean there? Christi's post with fares is from June 2013 after the last increase, and I think the Chief said the new one starts next month.
I may be wrong but I think there was a fare increase since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom