Scuba affecting period?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mirena IUD reduces periods to spotting and has made both diving and non-diving a lot less aggravated by cycles. Good Luck!

I've not been so lucky. My experience the past decade diving on my period has been memorable. ... but not in a good way.
When you get that grant though, I'd be a willing participant.

Heya :)

Well, I was just scouring the interwebs on general info on "diving & periods", etc. and stumbled over your question here. I actually found much the same with my cycles as you found with yours. However, I also have to add horse riding to the mix.
Normally, I'm a bit of an inactive, flumpy couch potato. But ever since I took up diving, and returned to regular horse back riding (as in, I returned to regular horse back riding almost a year ago, and started diving 2 months ago), I realized that sporting activity very positively influences my periods.

They hurt less, they are much shorter in duration, and it's much "prettier" (I'll spare the details :wink:). I think, it maybe has to do with the movement and motion, that just helps to "move things along" faster, than sitting around, at home on the couch when things are just kinda ... well.. sitting in there and it takes much longer for it to work its way out. At least, it's the only "correlation" I could think off..

Either way. :) Thought I'd let you know, you are not alone.

(Uhm... not sure if using my very first post to be introducing myself with blood was the way to go ... )

I already love you because of the word "flumpy", your love of horseback riding (which I love, but haven't done in a while) & your last little note.

I've definitely found that my period is less painful & a little shorter in duration when I exercise. Period. <---Hahaha, see what I did there?

OP: I have noticed that my periods seem a bit lighter when I'm in the water regardless of whether I'm diving or swimming. However, I wonder if that's just my perception since water is just so lovely to be in...outside of the dive I did on an all male boat when my period over-ran my tampon & there was no tp in the head. Blech.

Ugh...shark dive. All guys on tiny boat except me. I'm gushing. No like really really bad. Glad I was wearing a wetsuit. Would not sit on the white cushions....
Freaking awesome dive!

You should have applied for a grant to prove sharks not interested in menstrual blood. :wink:

Ugh...shark dive. All guys on tiny boat except me. I'm gushing. No like really really bad. Glad I was wearing a wetsuit. Would not sit on the white cushions....
Freaking awesome dive!

Oh, those white cushions of potential shame. Sometimes I scoot off of them, well, to make sure I haven't left anything behind. :-D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom