1-day of diving when staying in Cairns- recommendations!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll probably find that trying to do 3 dives on a dayboat from Cairns will be hurried. The crew will be is a rush to get you in and out of the water, surface intervals and NDLs will be short, oh and it will cost more than two dives (except for the offer APS mentioned). I'd recommend going for the 2 dive option, you'll be more relaxed and there is a good chance the boats will only visit 2 locations anyway.

We paid 20 extra for the 3 rd dive
The diving on some reefs is like a ever lasting safety stop. Most of the fun stuff is in rhe top 20 ft. Some dives we were doing lasted an hour at least.
Yes it was on 2 reefs but still

I'm not sure how you drive, but it's sure as hell not at the speed limit.

70km drive up along the coast, it's a lovely scenic drive and takes about 1 and 1/4 hours. just remember that it's a big day out on the reef and the drive home might be a struggle. I'm sure there would be bus transfers though.

I lived there in 92, owned a gsxr1000.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom