100 % O2 Cleaning for AL80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although basically only perhaps 1 LDS will fill a 6351 tank at this point anyway and many of the others have a "20 year" cutoff too.
Lighthouse and RS Scuba(when they reopen) fill the voodoo tanks. Which LDS have a 20 year rule? I have a bunch of old tanks and haven't run into that around here.

I use Fire Safety & Cylinder Services in Seattle, WA | Fire King of Seattle
And it's in the $35 range without the VE test/stamp. I forget how much extra the VE is... $20 i think? Although basically only perhaps 1 LDS will fill a 6351 tank at this point anyway and many of the others have a "20 year" cutoff too.

Some of the LDS' do have their own hydro vessels and they are even more (but they include a VIP sticker). E.g. $45 at underwater sports. Cylinder Services
Wow. My experience out west has been prices were higher. Guess so.

Lighthouse and RS Scuba(when they reopen) fill the voodoo tanks. Which LDS have a 20 year rule? I have a bunch of old tanks and haven't run into that around here.
It's been years and years since I got a shop fill, but I thought underwater sports had a 20 year cutoff? (there are a bunch of them hence my use of the word 'many') But that may have changed or turned into a 1990 cutoff or something else. Vancouver and Canadian fill stations typically cutoff at 1990 and I havent heard of any 20 year rules up there - but you never know sometimes.

Based on the last time this came up on the book de la face, Tacoma Scuba is the only shop around filling 6351s as long as they are in hydro and VE.

Based on the last time this came up on the book de la face, Tacoma Scuba is the only shop around filling 6351s as long as they are in hydro and VE.
I can confirm lighthouse (Tacoma shop) fills them and does the hydro/VE. RS scuba will if the have the VE stamp. I haven't taken any to Tacoma scuba so not sure on that one. Most of the time I'm having HP steels filled so I just go up to federal way underwater Sports at lunch.

I can confirm lighthouse (Tacoma shop) fills them and does the hydro/VE. RS scuba will if the have the VE stamp. I haven't taken any to Tacoma scuba so not sure on that one. Most of the time I'm having HP steels filled so I just go up to federal way underwater Sports at lunch.
Dang I had no idea Lighthouse still existed. Are you sure they have their own hydro facility? I am not seeing any retesters in Tacoma except Praxair. Retester Locations

Although I also don't see anyone listed at the Aurora Ave Underwater Sport listing either. Perhaps they are subcontracting them out now? The Sound Scuba shop in Bremerton is shown but under a different business name.

Dang I had no idea Lighthouse still existed. Are you sure they have their own hydro facility? I am not seeing any retesters in Tacoma except Praxair. Retester Locations

Although I also don't see anyone listed at the Aurora Ave Underwater Sport listing either. Perhaps they are subcontracting them out now? The Sound Scuba shop in Bremerton is shown but under a different business name.
Lighthouse does the eddy in house and sends out for hydro.

Lighthouse does the eddy in house and sends out for hydro.

I thought the rules state that it must be performed by the hydro tester every retest(must have rin#), and annually thereafter by qualified individual using approved process.

I thought the rules state that it must be performed by the hydro tester every retest(must have rin#), and annually thereafter by qualified individual using approved process.
That may be. I don't know if he does the eddy and sends them a cert to verify or they do it. I do know that Arly at lighthouse has an eddy tester and uses it for the annual scuba tax.

The bigger danger is probably failing to mark the tank in a ridiculously obvious manner and having someone use it - say while you are underwater and not supervising. If there is any question about the people on board, I always explain that this is oxygen and is only to be used in an emergency, and I just have a 30 cu-ft bottle.
Hey John....... Totally agree with you on the importance of clearly and "ridiculously" marking the tank. My messaging on the tank may seem like "overkill" but I just like to make a point. I also keep a fully 100% O2 cleaned regulator (with LP inflator hose), RescuEan, pocket mask, high concentration mask as well as a Bag Valve mask (BVM). Due to HP concerns with O2, I have a specialized "slow" release valve and only fill to 2400 psi which is basically the equivalent capacity of 63cf or three DAN "D" bottles.

n26gQgF.jpg

uOfDpPY.jpg

You only fill an aluminum 80 to 2400 psi?

Why not just go with a steel low pressure if you are that concerned? I fill mine to 3000 without any concern. I guess it’s whatever you are willing to risk but I don’t see it as a big risk to do so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom