11-1 Maui pics (quake splits wreck in two)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Floridawannabe:
Try the lakes here in Missouri 43 + or - at 60 feet right now:mooner:

No thank you.

40.gif

Nice Pics!:D

What camera/set-up did you use?

Do you know what type of tank that is? looks like one of the old tanks from the end of WWI if I am not mistaken....hard to tell from the pics..

Wow neat shots! Good pics to explain why wreck diving has inherent risks. Think if you were poking your head in a hole when that happened. Woah!

lifeisfullofgooddives:
Nice Pics!:D

What camera/set-up did you use?

Do you know what type of tank that is? looks like one of the old tanks from the end of WWI if I am not mistaken....hard to tell from the pics..

1. Click on "my camera rig" at the bottom of my post. I used a wide angle lens and shot the pics using manual white balance and no strobe.

2. The wreck is an LVT-4 from WWII. It was used in the Pacific. It held a squad of troops and a jeep.

carrier2.jpg

Gilligan:
1. Click on "my camera rig" at the bottom of my post. I used a wide angle lens and shot the pics using manual white balance and no strobe.

2. The wreck is an LVT-4 from WWII. It was used in the Pacific. It held a squad of troops and a jeep.

carrier2.jpg

I'm amazed that they were able to drive it all the way out to 60' before the thing "conched" out on them.

Great pictures but It looks like there may be more than two pieces there.

Looks like your visit to B&B this morning got them anxious to go check it out Jim. We'll probably dive it tomorrow. Charlie says I missed you by a couple of minutes.

That's an amazing comparison showing what mother nature can do.

The big turtle on the before pic is cool.

TOM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom