$170 1400 lumen 120 degree spill video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing the videos of this new lighting system.

Could you take a picture of the beam shown on a bare white wall say from 6 foot - 2 meters away, with some sort of ruler so we get scale or just measure the beam diameter?

---------- Post added February 27th, 2013 at 08:43 AM ----------

. I looked around and couldn't find any details on how to attach it. Are there any sockets/screws? It seems you used the rubber bands from SRP, I'm wouldn't be very comfortable with that.

They have ULCS ball/spring socket mounts:

ARCHON

There is a thread somewhere on the board discussing lumen ratings and perceived brightness underwater. I don't recall which SB members were involved or their qualifications.

In a nutshell it was stated that perceived brightness underwater: start with single 500 lumen light, 2x or 1000 lumen for a noticeable increase in brightness, 5x or 2500 lumen for brightness to look twice as bright. This is for a single lamp. Dual lamps are for even coverage, less so for increase in brightness.

Very interesting read on how lumen ratings can be misleading and what is needed to notice a difference in brightness. Lighting costs can increase quick but only give a little increase in brightness.

Amen brother

ready-to-go.jpg

Gotta admit 10000 lumens sounds impressive, though.

Sounds like it's going to make water boil..

3D diver, I was hoping to be able to fit that little holo sheet behind that front glass.

Sounds like it's going to make water boil..

3D diver, I was hoping to be able to fit that little holo sheet behind that front glass.

Yes, that's what I do. Just have to be sure it doesn't compromise the o-ring.

Archon style lights---without a reflector---don't really need the additional spread of the holographic diffuser but it may soften the edges.

I ended up ordering two of these from focalprice. I've heard mixed reviews about their shipping policy, so I don't expect it to arrive right away. I'm scheduled for a trip in May-June so I'll have plenty of time to test them out. I'll post footage once I get a chance to use them.

P.S. If anybody else orders from them, here's a 7% off coupon code that worked for me: AFF7OFF

Edit: Link if anybody else was wondering where I got it:

Archon D32VR

Last edited:
Hi guys! Sorry. I haven't logged in for a while. After getting back from the dive holiday, I've been slammed with work.

i am still VERY happy with this light. I will charge the battery and run those tests ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom