$170 1400 lumen 120 degree spill video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Should be good for that! Aleast macro.

Sendt fra Samsung Galaxy S2, via Tapatalk forum app.

Here's some video that I shot using a pair of the D32VRs, last week in Cozumel.

The Devil's Throat - YouTube Santa Rosa Wall, Cozumel - YouTube

Both lights were on full power and my Panasonic HDC-HS700 was on "Intelligent Auto" (auto exposure and white balance). Despite the 1/2 power flicker problem, I like them very much. Before I bought these, I was using a Chinese (no real brand name) 2900 lumen HID and after diffusing to get rid of the hot spot, the light output dropped by a stop.

In response to saltigagt, I get the 1/2 power flicker at both 60 and 30 frames per second.

As for YS arm adapters, I bought 2 "Universal Light Bar Mount (YS type)" from FUN-IN Underwater Photo Equipment Co. F.I.T. Universal Light Bar Mount (YS type) I have seen these elsewhere, on-line being sold specifically for the D32VR. It is a clever combination of an existing YS adapter (I'm not certain for which light) and a Topeak F55 Fixer screwed onto it. The Topeak fixer is a device for mounting accessories on bicycles. This adapter works quite well for me.

For the D32vr owners: Mine just arrived today. Is there any way to get ALL LEDS working? (Red+white) at the same time?? For UW video I definitely need the reds too.

I am soon going to buy the GoPro amd am trying to have acomplete list of accessories to buy at the same time.
Based on this post I have the following:

- Handle and red filter from SRP
- Light(s) from Archon. What is the minimum amount of Lumen required (I start with one light)
- Arms from ????
-Other accessories required?

Thanks.

As for lumens, 1000 (real, not "chinese") seem to be reasonable. I just quicktested the D32vr, at "high" I get a nice video brightness and about1/50sec exposure time if a white target is around 0.5m from the camera and the(real) iso is at 100. This was all in air, but sounds promising for clear water.As for filter, I'll probably put a Hoya 85C on the light.Regarding arm, I was thinking on a 18" flex arm (+still need to find a clamp).Or I just get a hand bracket... BTW: flickering IS an issue if the light is set to medium brightness, but on full its all fine.

Last edited:
FUN-IN Underwater Photo Equipment seem so be out of the YS arm adapters {clamps) that I spoke of earlier and their price has gone up a bit ($25). DiverVision U/W Photo equipment has them for $20 each.

Deeproof Universal Light Adapter #AM-UL

They also have a ball version. I bought mine from FUN-IN because they mailed the pair of them to me for $10. DiverVision wanted more for EMS shipping. Perhaps if you contacted DiverVision, they may have lower cost mailing options.

Maybe DIY: 1/8x1" Aluminium strip (Lowes) piece of PVC a little larger diameter than light to use a form, bend strip around form with pliers , leave legs to accomodate ball attachment slug end, drill hole for 5/8 SS screw, paint flat black, apply bicycle inner tube (I used thorn puncture resistant) insert ball with slug 5/8th hole and attach ball to tray with ball clamp. This one was for my MagicShine light

Attachments

• DSCN1397.jpg
    DSCN1397.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 625
Here's some video that I shot using a pair of the D32VRs, last week in Cozumel.

The Devil's Throat - YouTube Santa Rosa Wall, Cozumel - YouTube

Both lights were on full power and my Panasonic HDC-HS700 was on "Intelligent Auto" (auto exposure and white balance). Despite the 1/2 power flicker problem, I like them very much. Before I bought these, I was using a Chinese (no real brand name) 2900 lumen HID and after diffusing to get rid of the hot spot, the light output dropped by a stop.

In response to saltigagt, I get the 1/2 power flicker at both 60 and 30 frames per second.

Wonder what happens if you use "De-noise" in your software. Using De-Noise in PD11 seems to remove the GoPro scan lines like I see in your clips, wonder what it would do for the flicker...

Hi folks, I'm planning to get a couple of Archon D32VR. My only question is, does this come with a charger? If not, what type of charger do I need and where can I get one from? Thanks in advance!

Yes it comes with a charger. The manufacturer has changed the name to W32VR but seems the dealers not.

-sendt from mobile unit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom