1mm Wetsuit in 80 degrees?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A full suit is good for protection and foot buoyancy - a 2mm full will help keep you in horizontal trim and protect you from hazardous marine life, cuts, scrapes and stings...

My sincere question for warm-weather dry-divers is how to avoid heat stroke when you're out of the water. I usually have to unzip my 3/2 during surface intervals, and I still get hot.

Just unzip them and take the top half off

---------- Post added April 26th, 2015 at 12:27 PM ----------

I wear a 2 mm shorty and I am hot.

Wow, any pictures? :D :rofl3:

The Y keeps the pool I swim in around 78. I swim occasionally for a couple of hours in swimsuit only.

Just returning from Cayman the surface was about 83 and perhaps around 80 at depth. I wore a shorty for shore diving, full 3/2 off the boats and was completely comfortable, perhaps getting chilled a little at the end. I get cold easily. But one of the days, I did an hour swim, along the shore, just in swimsuit. I did not recall being cold at all. In the Keys in the summer, I just wear a rash guard and swimsuit or shorts. Further north along the Gold Coast, I might wear a shorty. I could not imagine a 5/3 type suit or a drysuit. But I enjoy the feeling of the water, I like the water.

N

I was wondering if now that water is warming up, a 1mm would be too cold or alright? Full body.

In that water I wear a 2/1 shorty and by the end of a week-long trip I start wearing a fleece jacket when the sun comes down and air temperature drops to 80. And every time I'm scratching my forearms I tell myself I gotta get a full body spf/rash guard, lavaskin maybe.

Did some dives in Sept in Fort Lauderdale, had 3mm suit and 7mm hood. Water temps were 85+ I think. When in a water for 3+ hours, one can get chilly. Was not diving deep, though.

Got the 1,mm dove todAy, 15-20 feet for 1 hour. Water temp, 80. It was not bad, at the end of dive, had a slight chill. But wasn't bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom