1st BC Seaquest PRO QD vs Lattitude XLT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had bad experience with Seaquest BCD's in the past as have many people here in the Philippines!
I, in my little dive shop have repaired over 50 Seaquest BCD's as the plastic threds that secure the inflator systems and dump valves just crumbled snd hsd to be replaced!
I contacted Seaquest and they said that they could not understand the problem even though I sent them Pictures of the problem! A diver had a similar problem with an IST BCD and the whole thing was replaced with no questions asked!
I hope that Seaquest have solved this problem by now but their product back up services could be improved!
Have Fun!
I and my friends also have had problems with the Seaquest Pro QD here in Malaysia and Singapore. The plastic threads securing inflator system / dump valve disintegrated after 2 years. Collectively we had about 5 units and were told that this was a UNREPAIRABLE problem by the dealer and had to go buy new BCDs (all opted for non seaquests/ aqualung after this experience). Apparently quite a common problem in this part of the world and a lot of people have steered away from Aqualung / Seaquest because of it.
I liked the BC though while it was usable.
You say you've managed to repair it ? I still have mine and was wondering what could be done to repair it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom