1st Nitrox dive, 120's and the Spiegel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMarine

Reaction score
Thursday im heading to the Spiegel in off the coast of Key Largo for my first Nitrox dive. My instructor has located a 120 rated for Nitrox so we can stay down longer. Im pretty pumped up for it! Any advice? Ill post a report after the trip.

Hang on. Don't let go. I have videos from a couple years ago and last year I did two drift dives from the stern to bow twice (two different dives, same day). I was using single 120's. This year it will be double 120's. BTW, 28 % is now recommended due to the increased depth. See Diver City for custom mixes (MM90).

ScubaMarine:
Thursday im heading to the Spiegel in off the coast of Key Largo for my first Nitrox dive. My instructor has located a 120 rated for Nitrox so we can stay down longer. Im pretty pumped up for it! Any advice? Ill post a report after the trip.

Watch your Bottom time. Unless you are a serious Hoover, even on Nitrox, you likely to go into Deco LONG before you empty a 120.

Watch your weighting with a 120. I don't know what you are used to diving but a 120 will throw your weighting and bouyancy way out of kilter if you are used to diving with AL80's

HarleyDiver:
Watch your Bottom time. Unless you are a serious Hoover, even on Nitrox, you likely to go into Deco LONG before you empty a 120.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1204868#post1204868
I guess im a serious hoover, lol. Check it out!

Also lead carrier you were right on my bouyancy was very difficult to maintain. The tank would roll me if I turned on my side. My BC was almost full to stay neutral.

Back
Top Bottom