2 Months Indonesia (Sulawesi) OWSI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

#8 I can see that the whole DM “illegal worker” seems like an overly big issue. It’s nice to have the legal stuff ordered. So I will definitely take that into consideration. Maybe I’ll find some local schools or whatever and be a nonprofit do-gooder. I don’t know all the possibilities, but still a lot of time to plan!

For the whole zero to hero thing, it’s his only possibility. We don’t have more than 2 months summer vacation from university here in Denmark, and he is only eligible if he has his IDC or OWSI rating before Sep 1. Details are still a bit fuzzy from the administration office, on what their “minimum” requirements are. The alternative is a 14 days Microsoft or CISCO course, so what would you choose?

Who knows we might like it so much that I extend my Candidate, and we move to Asia permanently and become an instructor couple J

Thanks for the recommendations on Bali!

#9 Good reasoning, the training is of utmost importance. Hence I am here at scuba board to get recommendations on different dive operators!
A side note: If he *only* wanted the best education he should take it here in our cold muddy waters of Denmark. No vis and instructors doing it only for fun in their spare time, definitely not for the pocket money.

“what you propose to do is really not much related to diving for fun.”

But the exotic environment and exciting dives are also a big part of the equation! And hence it’s also my vacation, and not so much education I’d prefer it to be a nice place. (Maybe im just a bit cranky, because I did my DM in Thailand Koh Tao, with so many boring dives, dead corals, bad vis, and same few fish over and over. I just want the best possible experience for my partner in one package!)

It was maybe a bit too many things I tried to include in one post. I haven’t even explored the food and amenities just yet. LOL

#10 Thanks will do, when details are in place :wink:

If u become an instructor than the costs are not over. U need to have in Indonesia a working permit to work. This costs $1200 for 1 year. Then u need to pay the application fee for ur KITAS that IDR 5.000.000-IDR 6.500.000. The u need to leave the country to get ur televisa and come back to get ur kitas.

A Padi instructor course here at the Gilis costs around the Euro 2.500 all in fees, materials, Padi examination fee, course costs. A divemaster course between the IDR 7.350.000 and IDR 9.000.000 and Divemaster crewpack around IDR 3.000.000.

Hi, we run the Gili IDC here in Gili Trawangan. We run the course in conjunction with Trawangan Dive which is a five star PADI CDC Centre and at 950 Euro it is possibly one of the cheapest IDC’s available, without in any way compromising the quality of our training. We are able to achieve this balance in a variety of ways. The training sites are very close to the dive center and we are situated directly on the beach which means that we minimize the overheads associated with travelling to the training site whilst maximizing the time spent in the classroom. We operate within a large volume dive center so we are able to minimize logistical cost whilst also gaining access to a variety of instructors allowing candidates to see firsthand the different approaches used within real life teaching scenarios.
Diving course here tend to be very competitive and there are many dive shops here on the island, so if you are looking to find work whilst he studies for the IDC this would be the place to do it. If you are interested in potentially considering the IDC in Gili Trawangan than please contact our Course Director Holly at idc@trawangandive.com and she will be able to work out a full price plan for you.
You can also check us out at:
www.idc-gili.com
We are also on Facebook at:
www.facebook.com/IDCGili
Or alternatively contact us at:
info@idc-gili.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom