2 tank dive; 1 Nitrox, 1 air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you phrase the question as "Can I use EAN36 on the first dive, and EAN21 on the second dive without running into safety issues", the answer becomes obvious.

There are lot of places in Fl do not fill pre-88/90 tanks because of the alloy they are made with, while others have no problem filling them as long as the are Hydro'ed, Visual Eddied, and VIP'ed. O2 cleaning has nothing to do with age, just making sure all the oil, ect is cleaned from the inside of the tank and valve.

Unless your local shop does partial pressure blending, there's no reason the older tank would need anything other than a current hydro and vis to have nitrox put into it. As long as you tell your computer, combing nitrox and air dives on the same day would be no problem.

What Ron said, unless it PP blending then you do not have to have to have your cylinders cleaned if you are using a blend with less than or equal to EANx40. (FO2 - 40%)

Why Nitrox on shallow dives? I just FEEL better and less "fatigued" when I dive Nitrox. It might all be in my head, but it is worth an extra $5 per tank to feel better (or think I feel better) after a dive.

I do the same thing, for the same reason. I feel wiped out after a two tank trip on air. I feel about the same as I did predive when I come up from a dive on nitrox. No way I can put a measurement on that, but even if it's in my head, it's worth the 5 bucks or so a tank. Given the price of a dive trip (75-100 plus tip plus gas to get to the boat) the cost is insignificant.

I feel wiped out after a two tank trip on air.

You should probably look at your dive profile/SI then, you shouldn't feel that bad after 2 rec. dives

There are lot of places in Fl do not fill pre-88/90 tanks because of the alloy they are made with, while others have no problem filling them as long as the are Hydro'ed, Visual Eddied, and VIP'ed. O2 cleaning has nothing to do with age, just making sure all the oil, ect is cleaned from the inside of the tank and valve.

You are assuming AL tanks - the OP did not state AL or steel. None of which has anything to do with O2 cleaning or EAN.

If you phrase the question as "Can I use EAN36 on the first dive, and EAN21 on the second dive without running into safety issues", the answer becomes obvious.

Theres your answer ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom