2003 Avon Inflatable 3.40 meter available in Tarpon Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a used 2001 Avon Inflatable Rover with high pressure floor in excellent condition (always garage kept). No outboard, no trailer. It can take loads of up to 1280 pounds. Can handle a 15 HP outboard and hit speeds up to 27 mph though expect in the teens and low twenties. The boat weighs 99 pounds and can be rolled into a trunk. (high pressure floor) Rated for 5 people though I imagine for Divers only comfortable for 2 with equipment. This is a high quality premium inflatable boat built in Great Britain. The seams are strong. Hypalon material. Again boat is in excellent condition and looks and performs as new. The boat has Nauticus smart tabs and planes beautifully. It comes with storage cover, high pressure inflatable pump, original wooden oars, seat, instruction manuals for floor and boat. Has attachment on transom for scotty accessories. I will include a Cannon manual down rigger and weights for underwater cameras. This is already rigged as the perfect small dive boat, but I'm not a diver, so... Title in hand.

Sorry this is my first post, but I believe I would rather have this nice boat offered to someone who could appreciate the quality of this type of boat and someone who can use it. If there are no takers here I will post on Craigslist Tampa next. I have a Gheenoe and Tarpon 160 Kayak that I use now for fishing. The boat is taking up room in my garage. Please note, as with any inflatable, special care must be taken to protect the fabric from sharp objects and regular washing and application of protectant is recommended.

I'm asking only $950.00 for the above package, the exact boat is still sold today by Avon (no design changes whatsover since 2003) for over $2400.00. I will NOT go any lower- sorry. I cannot deliver the boat.

If you are not interested but know a fellow diver who is, I would appreciate you spreading the word. Thanks.

The boat is exactly as pictured below (without motor). I will post pictures of the boat in following threads but my iPhoto has locked up

rover-catalogue-2006-1085_2b.jpg

avon_rover_rib_f.jpg

th_obrphp.jpeg

Please PM me if interested.

John

Here are some pics. Boat is in excellent condition.

IMG_0625.jpg

Garage Kept

IMG_0089.jpg

Complete

IMG_0617.jpg

Nauticus Smart Tabs

IMG_0626.jpg

High Pressure Pump and boat storage cover

IMG_0628.jpg

Good 1 or 2 person dive boat- just add motor :)

securedownload-2.jpg

Again $950.00 no other offers.

John

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom