2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yikes that is quite a slush! Hope you had waterproof boots and goretex on ;-). My aunt lives in Yellow Springs and loves the city and street biking.
Small world! I'm staying Yellow Springs this week because it's much quieter than the big city options. Usually I bring my bike and ride around town too.

Last year, I rode my Masi from the pump house in Springfield to the Ohio river in one day along the Little Miami River. I was really really worried about getting mugged in certain sections of Springfield when I was passing through. Maybe the bike trail took me through the wrong section of town, but Springfield looks pretty rough. Other than that, the 78 mile trip was GREAT.

Love the Little Miami Trail. I've ridden the entire length, but never gone into Springfield. I always stop at Leffel Lane and turn around, or park on the north side of town and ride to Urbana. The locals tell me the "path" through town is a bit rough at times... and I'm not talking about the trail surface either. LOL

I have a Springer that I swear is a cross between the energizer bunny, and octopus and a crackhead! LOL. The other is my half springer (avatar pic), she is a sweetheart. And right now I am fostering another springer. He is very mellow compared to Charlie (the energizer bunny).

Ear is better (only got a shot in the right), tinnitus is to a tolerable level. Another shot is planned for tomorrow...

On the exercise front, yoga last night. Wonderful. And tonight was Zumba. Wow! good workout!

Too Funny! Charlie sounds like my kind of guy! my BFF has a springer who is very laid back, but that could be because he's 8 and fat. She does Brittany rescue and has kept 5 of her fosters! They are all nuts! That's awesome that you do rescue work. I work with Aussie Rescue.

Did 2 sessions last night, 30 min. of the wave speed slimming and 40 min. of rock it off. kind of like step aerobics but definately harder. Very good workout if you can't get outside.

I don't know if I could handle 5 springers in my house. If I had a farm (i.e. lots of room), I could see fostering more.. but Charlie is such a handful as he is, I would be nuts to have a bunch of them! LOL.
Aussie Rescue.. cool. neat dogs..

Looked at your profile, and see you do agility with your pups. Started agality last year with Charlie, looking to get him started in dock jumping... Lyla (avatar pic) would be a good therapy dog...

what kind of workout did you do, are those on DVDs or soemthing?

I was flipping thru the channels one morning and it said "look good naked" so I figured what the heck. It was an infomercial for The Firm Wave, watched it for a little while and started looking around online for one. Found it at Walmart of course. I've done step aerobics for years and this looked like a cool twist to that. Came with 3 different DVD workouts that I have been rotating. Works your upper and lower body at the same time. Takes some coordination and balance to do but I really like it.

My oldest dog is retired from agility, the middle 2 (who are also my therapy dogs) do CPE and USDAA and the baby is just getting started with private lessons. I'm hoping Kylie will get her CPE C-ATCH this year! She still has some Level 4 games to finish but mostly in Level 5, woohoo! What venue do you compete in?

She has a total of 8 dogs and 13 mini donkeys and 5 acres. it's crazy over there!

WE don't compete. We are lucky if he can stay focused long enough to do a few obstacles!

Small world! I'm staying Yellow Springs this week because it's much quieter than the big city options. Usually I bring my bike and ride around town too.

Ya know, I've owed her a visit for a long time.

Humm, any diving up in that part of the world?

Ya know, I've owed her a visit for a long time.

Humm, any diving up in that part of the world?

Gilboa Quarry and White Star Quarry are within a couple of hours.

Thursday evening:

No chance for a hike tonight because I was meeting some students from class for dinner. Fortunately I’d brought along a 20# KB this week to the motel, so I squeezed in a mix of Kettlebell movements before dinner.

20# KB Windmills, 3 per side
20# KB 2 hand Swings, 10
20# KB 1 hand swings, 10/side
20# KB Shoulder Press, 10/side
20# KB 2 hand Swings, 20
20# KB Windmills, 3/side

Nice way to get the blood pumping before a nice dinner of green vegetables and Salmon.

Ran at the park again. They put in a small dog area in the far corner and it cuts into my run path. :( Drat. STill, I did 7 reps of the 3:1 and felt really good afterwards. Planning on running again on Sunday morning, but will see about that since I have a wedding to attend in the keys on Saturday.

Hola all. I am sick ... again. No working out for me this time. Hoping it will clear up quickly. Alas!

Hope you feel better! :hugs:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom