2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuesday
After reading the Primal Blueprint, I've been restricting my Carbs to jump start some weight loss (but not to the point of ketosis aka Atkins) by getting plenty of good lean protein and quality fats (e.g. Nuts, Seeds). So far so good, dropping 9# in the past 4 weeks without being hungry. In fact, my appetite and energy has been pretty good (no need to eat on a fixed basis or feeling jittery energy wanes). I'd already eliminated sugar and most high glycemic carbs from my diet in the past year, so this has been more about snugging the reigns up some.

Grok's Rule #4: Lift Heavy Things

Deadlifts (barefoot)
115# x 10
205# x 5 x 2
(Haven't done deadlifts in a couple of months, so I took it easy. Didn't want my back to get too grumpy tomorrow, so I didn't make the jump to 300+lbs.)

KB Windmills (barefoot)
50# x 3/side (PR)
Previous best on Windmills was 35#

Pumped iron again:

Chest/Shoulder/Tri
2 exercises each body part
14-10 reps
90% max

Feels great!

I've been quietly recuperating.

Wednesday 3/24 - Jogging 35 minutes with my best friend.
Thursday 3/25 - Cycling class.

hiding out... pigging out. probably have gained 100lbs.

First time visiting here... but wanted to brag a bit.

Tried on new dry suits today, necessitated by the fact that I've lost 37lbs since last dive season.

:cool2:

hiding out... pigging out. probably have gained 100lbs.
no hiding... get back on the wagon!

First time visiting here... but wanted to brag a bit.

Tried on new dry suits today, necessitated by the fact that I've lost 37lbs since last dive season.

:cool2:

That's great!

Saturday

Plenty of travel and meetings lately left me run down and quasi-sick for the past few days. Even minor things left me drained.

Saturday I made myself haul and take more items to storage... mostly at a snail's pace. While in the basement, I couldn't avoid picking up a Kettlebell, so I grabbed the 50# and did a windmill.

Knowing that 50# is the largest KB I have, I wondered how tough it would be do a Windmill with a Barbell. It's long and relatively unwieldy, so I grabbed the 35# bar vs the 45# bar. Once I found the center of gravity, I gave it a go and it worked. Now I've got a way to increase weight beyond 50# and balance a barbell over my head with one hand... LOL

Hopefully I'll feel up to more tomorrow to get workouts back into full swing.

Tried to run on Friday night after work. Took the pups to the park as usual with the intent of a good 7 reps of the 3:1 run:walk. I did 2 then decided maybe 2:1 would be better, as I didn't seem to recover. Eventually I decided I should do 1:1s and finally decided that I just wanted to hit 6000 steps no matter how slow the pace. Ended up hitting 6500. It was brutal.

5K on Thursday night. Not timed, officially. It's the corporate run. It's to promote physical fitness at a corporate level. So a bunch of companies come out to downtown Ft. Lauderdale. There will be about 5000 runners and walkers with lots of booths and hidden coolers of ice cold beer. Last year at the finish line, there was cold beer too, sponsored by Miller. Not bad!

First time visiting here... but wanted to brag a bit. Tried on new dry suits today, necessitated by the fact that I've lost 37lbs since last dive season. :cool2:

Congrats RJP! That's great :)! Hope you stick around for some fun!!

Hopefully I'll feel up to more tomorrow to get workouts back into full swing.

Good luck with that Bob!

Climbing in/out of my well fitting xs undergarmet is a great indicator that it's time to pay attention and drop a few lbs back off, so plan to watch the food for a few weeks and step up the cardio a notch.

Hit the rock climbing gym on Friday, cranked a few routes up to 5.11b. This is the most fun a back/bi work out can ever be!

I had a great diving week. Went out on Wed & again on Saturday. Swell was down, vis was up :)! Who says long kicks (surface/underwater) in doubs are not exercise?

Luvin my new scuba friends :D!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom