2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice goals!!!

5K tonight. First race for me since the 1/2 last July. Then I took time off for my right foot to heal. Started back running barefoot and with VFFs in October. Had to break down and get a pair of running shoes for this race because I am not ready to go that distance in VFF or barefoot...

This was only the second time running in my shoes. And the first time going this far in shoes on pavement since July. And I am not used to running on pavement because all my training has been in grass with short distances (75 yrds) on pavement, and wanted to run the whole thing instead of run/walk. Focus on form. Get the form down. Don't look at the clock. Hmm, one mile 13:09, that's Ok. Form. Form. Form 2 miles, dump water on my head as I am starting to over heat. My feet are hot. They are not happy in those shoes. But I know I am not ready for the VFFs just yet. 26:and change. Ok, that's Ok. Drat. If I want to finish in under 40, I better get moving. Drat. What did I just do to my arch. Crud! Dangit! worry about form not time, dang you! Hot. I can make it. Let's go! Finish 42:08. Cold beer and fruit afterwards was good. Oh and the shoes came off. happy feet.

You rock Rox! I am still a long ways away. Maybe by the fall MegaDive I will be much closer...But, hey! If it's a loss, no matter how small, it's still a loss!

I met up with a friend last year who hasn't seen me in nearly 5 years. She instantly commented on the fact that I was a shadow of my former self. I'd never really noticed until she puts up the photos on facebook.
God I looked gaunt.
My main problem is that I've worked as a travelling dive instructor for the intervening years, which has meant: long hours, little access to the Gym and a lot of rice in the diet.
I've finished this year and move back to the UK so my plan is now to return to the weight I was when I lived in Australia, which was 72 Kgs, I know weigh 63. So my aim is to put on some nice healthy weight which will get my T-shirts fitting me again, rather than hanging off me.

N.B I'll be posting the routines I'm using in another thread.

~~ Stew

Mardis Gras was a little tough on me. OK, so I got exercise walking around and catching beads, but the Cajun food was just too good to pass up for the week we were there. I've since lost 3 more pounds, and with the weather warming up I can start going to the pool and swim a mile at least 3 times a week to re-jumpstart my exercise program. The Isagenix program has resumed, too, as I wasn't really enjoying drinking cold shakes when the weather was cold. Now there's no excuse........I'm baaaaaacccckkkkk on track!

You like the Isagenix? I have a friend selling it. She sent me a sample and I liked it, but a bit rich for my budget..

Good workout tonight. Was only going to walk but ended up doing some nice medium runs of 100 yards or so followed by walking a few minutes. Repeat. Then came home to some 10 lb weights to play with.

Fell backwards a pound or 2 after the weekend of too much temptation and alcohol. Then ended up with a cold after going the whole winter without catching any bugs. :depressed: Started taking zicam right away, so hopefully I'll be able to kick this quick and get right back in stride.

Jenny you looked great this past weekend. You looked soooo healthy!!! Keep up the good work!

And everyone else, congrats on all the progress each of you have been making!!!! :D

And you, Rox looked fabulous too! The weekend was a excellent opportunity to work on self control! LOL. I didn't consume much alcohol, but the brownies were a different story. Only gaining a couple pound is not thaaatttt bad..I gained .2. Not bad.
Sorry to hear you got a bug and I hope you recover quickly.
Plan for the next few weeks is to start incorporating weight training in with my running.

Whooo hooo what a work out! Hermit Crab and I went to the doggie park for about a half hour workout. Did some sprints. Dang, that kid! I can't beat her! LOL (secretly I am grinning ear to ear). Got totally embarrassed on what was supposed to be sit ups and push ups. Just as we were ready to leave a friend showed up and we all walked about 2 miles.

You like the Isagenix? I have a friend selling it. She sent me a sample and I liked it, but a bit rich for my budget..

Good workout tonight. Was only going to walk but ended up doing some nice medium runs of 100 yards or so followed by walking a few minutes. Repeat. Then came home to some 10 lb weights to play with.

If you like the Isagenix, I can set you up with an "associate" plan, where you pay what the wholesalers pay. The only thing there is that you have to have a monthly program set up, which can be cancealled at any time (just let me know and I can do it for you). I'm in it for my own benefit and am not looking to make money off of it or from other people. I know it works for me, and if I can help other people, I don't need to make money from them....I'm just happy that they can benefit. No other program or diet has worked for me, so I am a firm believer in Isagenix, and agree that it's very expensive. My heath is worth the money, so what it all boils down to is good health for the rest of our lives. I'M willing to give up certain things to maintain good health and lower my health care costs to live a better, healthier life. It's a decision we all make when the final bells "ring." Let me know if I can help you out, Jenny. Believe me, I will not make a cent off of you; you will be an "associate" that makes her own decisonions and get product for cost. I get nothing......you get the lowest cost factor. I do this because it works for me when nothing else did, and my reward and gift is to pass it on to others who can benefit.

Back
Top Bottom