21w handheld hids?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micbu:
because nearly all airlines demand you to do so. (Lufthansa, Quantas, Hapag Lloyd, Emirates, Ryan Air, ........) . I do not know anything about Philippine airlines, but there are many others that will not allow you to enter the plane with a working light.

Those may be the official rules, but has anyone on the board actually had this problem when flying? I've flown with fully assembled lights may times before (albeit not in my carry-on) and never had an issue. Just curious if this is something to actually worry about. Thanks.

Hi,

I do not know about the situation in the USA, but here in Europe you really have to care about it. You will not be allowed to enter a plane with a working light.
Anyway, do you really want leave your light at the airport in case of any trouble?
Tosay it again, that is a really good light, you just have to remember to take a special tool with you to prepare the light.

Greetings, Michael

Is that just for HID lights? I've carried on plain old dive light in europe many, many times (virgin, sleasy jet). In fact in paris the security gaurd demanded I turn it on, to make sure it was actually a flashlight.

manhattandiver:
Mine just arrived in the mail yesterday from Battery Space. I got it for $299, before they raised the price. I haven't had a chance to take it underwater yet, but even on land it was awesome. Last night I turned off all of the lights in my house and it lit the place up like it was daytime. The regular light generates a nice tight beam and the accessory flood filter produces a very even, dispersed light. Can't wait to take in on some wrecks / night dives. Assuming it doesn't flood, I think I'll be very happy with it.

Hey how much was shipping? I'm wondering if it's worth it just to order it from salvo diving.
-Brett

manhattandiver:
Those may be the official rules, but has anyone on the board actually had this problem when flying? I've flown with fully assembled lights may times before (albeit not in my carry-on) and never had an issue. Just curious if this is something to actually worry about. Thanks.

i agree, why not just remove the battery thus having a non-working light right?

Hi,

you can remove the battery or the bulb. One of both. It is correct, at the airport you have to show that the light is really working. The sense of it is to show that in the x-ray shielded housing are really batteries and no explosive material. After that you now have to remove either the battery or the bulb. You have to do this now with every light within Europe when flying (halogen, HID, LED).

Greetings, Michael

micbu:
Hi,

you can remove the battery or the bulb. One of both. It is correct, at the airport you have to show that the light is really working. The sense of it is to show that in the x-ray shielded housing are really batteries and no explosive material. After that you now have to remove either the battery or the bulb. You have to do this now with every light within Europe when flying (halogen, HID, LED).

Greetings, Michael

What about just putting the light in your checked baggage and packing it well?

Hi,

as I have already told you, not here in Europe anymore!

Greetings, Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom