2nd boltsnap below light head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's what I think:

I use a mix of the two methods. On the handle, I have the bungee loop. On the gland nut, I have the small bolt snap tied on with cave line. My thought is that I will be switching stage bottles much more frequently than the chances of my light failing will be. It's a PITA to constantly reach for a DEer in the pocket when trying to move quickly through a stage drop. The small snap on the gland is very quick and can be folded back so it doesn't dangle as much. The light is hardly ever clipped off by the lighthead. If the light does fail, then the dive is over, and I reach into the pocket once for a DEer and clip the lighthead off in the stowed position. At this point, speed isn't as critical since it's not a repetitive action. My 2 cents.

Davey_Willo:
Using the double ender means a two handed fumbling for me, probably my fault but whatever...
LOL.... I'd love to see a demo by someone who can clip the double ender to the bungie loop one-handed. Personally, my light cord is long enough that if I didn't hold the light cord in one hand while clipping the snap to whichever bungie with the other, it would dangle WAY out of reach :D

I often get a pretty good chuckle out of the nitpicky stuff folks argue about regarding how "DIR" something is. Ya know... cave line vs zip ties... hold the light in the right hand vs the left... Dive Rite BP or one with H's :rolleyes:

As long as my buddy knows that if s/he's OOA I'll hand off the primary and it will deploy without hanging up on however I'm routing my light cord, who gives a crap if it's a 5' or 7' hose?

Davey Willo:
Using the double ender means a two handed fumbling for me, probably my fault but whatever, I obviously want to use whichever is the quickest and cleanest method for myself.

Snowbear:
LOL.... I'd love to see a demo by someone who can clip the double ender to the bungie loop one-handed. Personally, my light cord is long enough that if I didn't hold the light cord in one hand while clipping the snap to whichever bungie with the other, it would dangle WAY out of reach :D

LOL... OK Maybe I didn't explain that too clearly, I'll try again..

Clipping and unclipping the d/ender between the loops was always a pain (for me) After numerous attempts I'd end up taking my left hand out of the goodman handle and using the fingers of both hands to manipulate the double ender back into the second loop and then sliding my hand back into the goodman again before I was ready to go.. Just didn't feel right to me

Whereas with the 2 boltsnaps I don't need to connect anything to anything to go, and when I want to stow it I can simply grab whichever boltsnap I need with my right hand and clip it it off... One handed :wink:

Now I'm sure theres plenty out there who can use the two loop with double ender version quite expertly, which is why I feel that my inabilty to be slick with it was down to me and not the idea itself.

HTH's

Dave. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom