3 Day Course Options on Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe an update on my profile would help some...I'm no longer in Virginia, actually kind of homeless right now. I'm on the USS George Washington, we left Virginia last month and are on our way to Japan. Last week we were in the Straits of Magellan, you can google it for more details. Originally I'd hoped to get my friends certified in San Diego, but that didn't pan out (too short of stay and too much work). We have a couple of stays in Hawaii, so it shouldn't be an issue getting certified there. I also think we could form study groups onboard so people will be book smart when they show up. Eventually the ship will be stationed out of Japan, so getting certified in Hawaii will save some guys money vs. getting certified in Japan and offer the chance to dive in our port stops along the way.

As far as my own background, I have 50-99 (I think ~70) dives. Mostly warm water dives in Hawaii (I just moved away from there 18 months ago), but also some in Puget Sound, Virginia and Philippines. I don't want to go tech crazy while there, but if I can knock out an intro course to get a feel for doubles I'd like to. Plus it will save me money over taking the intro course in Japan. I have all the books for TDI courses, and I can study along the way if TDI is available.

Ummm, that changes the situation a little bit. I hope your friends enjoy taking their course on hawaii, there appears to be some amazing instructors. Be safe while out to sea. Thanks.

Bus

FYI, I can send you the materials needed for NAUI Intro to Tech via e-mail. Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Aarons also teaches tech. Aarons also runs a 3 day class.

Another option for you guys is to do all the text stuff online at PADI.com. That way all the text book stuff is done before you get here and you can do the dives here in Hawaii. You can also do all the text book stuff there at a dive shop and do a referel here in Hawaii to do all the dives.

Wonder if you have decided what to do about class??
If still undecided Give Me a BUZZ..
Aloha.

I think he might be stuck on the mainland. I think the USS GW was supposed to come into Pearl. A week or so ago there was a 7 deck fire on it and I think it put in to San Diego after that. My husband is in the Navy Reserves and picked up his ship, the USS Crommelin, a week from last Sunday in San Diego and he had pictures of the fire. I think my hubby said something about the GW replacing the Kitty Hawk here, at least I think that was what the plan was before the fire.

I am not 100% about all the details but I am sure about the fire part. Here is a link to a story about it in the Military Times: USS George Washington Catches Fire

I think that the pictures that my husband has must have been taken by someone else as he did not pick up his ship until 6/1. He always gets everyone else's pictures on his laptop.

According to my husband the USS GW was supposed to handshake with the USS Kitty Hawk here at Pearl this past Sunday and then eventually take its place in Yokosuka, Japan where it the Kitty Hawk is home-ported. Now the GW is stuck in San Diego for an undetermined amount of time while they assess and then repair the damage from the fire.

WOW fire aboard Ship is one of the Worst things I HOPE ALL ARE SAFE...

According to my husband there were no major injuries. The article says one had minor burns and 23 had heat stress. Thankfully, no one was more seriously injured!

Back
Top Bottom