3 mil full vs shorty in Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate diving in wet suits, so when ever I get the chance to leave it home I am happy! If the water is in the mid 80's....thats perfect for no wet suit diving!

You might want to check out a monosuit. I will be diving Boynton Beach and think this will be ok. It offers good protection and is very comfortable. I think it will be warm enough.

AZ

You might want to check out a monosuit. I will be diving Boynton Beach and think this will be ok. It offers good protection and is very comfortable. I think it will be warm enough.

AZ

Looks like a skin to me.... Hmmm maybe thats what I should bring just a skin !!

Looks like a skin to me.... Hmmm maybe thats what I should bring just a skin !!

Fair weather diving is great!!! My wife dives Key Largo with a skin and is fine...protects against some contact. I prefer just a swim suit when I'm in the keys. Maybe a rash guard type shirt or something. Dive skin would probably be nice. Mid 80s water is wonderful.

Glad to hear the temps are so warm ... we're be there next Wednesday and I plan to bring the shorty and a full skin. Prefer just the shorty, but if the sea lice are anywhere around I'll need the skin. Those little suckers sting the heck out of me!

I was in Key Largo in the beginning of may and I was only in a pair of board shorts, the water has since climbed 5 degrees so I think you'll be just toasty in a shortie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom