3 tank dive Dec 29th, West Palm Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will do, when I arrive. If some one wants to send me a phone number and I will confirm when I arrive in the States. Depending on the depth, I will need Nitrox tanks.

Ashley

Sounds good Ashley, hope you can make it....

Here's my cell number for anyone who needs it 772-370-2144

Cheers,
Vickie

In case you missed the posting. HOYA97 (aka Lee) is bringing me nitrox tanks. Lee- These tanks aren't the ones with JATO attachments or wierd area 51 ooze on them are they?
All I want for X-MAs is Unlimited VisaBilITY---- visaBility--- VIsaBility--- la la la...

Orlando Eric:
All I want for X-MAs is Unlimited VisaBilITY---- visaBility--- VIsaBility--- la la la...

me too me too!!!! someone do the clear water,nice weather funky dance!!!!! :D

Can a member from the Great lakes Wrecking crew Forum who will happen to be in Florida at that time tag along? If so can someone PM me with directions and a place to reserve an extra tank I only have two.

If you are a great lakes diver be warned that you may have to call someone to pack up and ship yer stuff to Florida after you dive our majestic waters!

Things you won't need. A DRY suit, thermal underwear. A dive line due to 10' viso. A buddy line for the same reason. A PARKA and steamy hot chocolate for the boat ride out and back.

Snow tires on your car to get there.

An ice saw to get into the water to begin with.

You will Need: A camera to take pictures of the tropical fish because your buddies won't believe how awesome it looked. Pictures to prove that you really could see for 80'. a 3mm WET suit unless you are like we FL divers and can't take anything in the lower eighties high 70's then a 3mm with a 3mm F John, a hood if you really want to keep toasty.

Finally an appeitite for the FRESH seafood lunch after.. bring on the Conch Fritters and Blacked MAHI!!-- and some Red Stripe.

(just poking fun at the northern divers only in jest of course...)

As a cold water diver, have the oppertunity to dive in both Florida, and throughout Ontario, There is some of the greatest diving here. There is Brockville, Rockport, and Tobermorry. People come from all over the world to check out many of the wrecks in excellent condition. Ok they are covered in Zebra Mussels, But in many places such ar rockport the visability was 60 feet + when visiting the wrecks.

Now Usually a 2 piece 7mm is needed Often I get out woth no hood and just reef gloves so not to cut my hands on the zebra mussles. If I cam make to the dive I will bring pictures of Ontario diving.

When diving the cold, there is only one thing to remember, the cold is a quick shock for just a moment, then you are nice and cozy. I have never done an ice dive but it loos really amazing. I will have to let you all know.

There is a big difference from diving 80 feet in warm salt water and 80 feet in cold water, but still it is always an experiience and truly a wonderful dive evertime I climd in.

But looking forward to three weeks of fun in the sun, and warm water diving, Time to hang up the heavy wetsuit and pull out the shorty or possibly even the dive skin, YEAH only 7 days till I come to Florida.

PS I am really interested in doing a few night dives if anyone is interested.

Orlando Eric:
If you are a great lakes diver be warned that you may have to call someone to pack up and ship yer stuff to Florida after you dive our majestic waters!

Things you won't need. A DRY suit, thermal underwear. A dive line due to 10' viso. A buddy line for the same reason. A PARKA and steamy hot chocolate for the boat ride out and back.

Snow tires on your car to get there.

An ice saw to get into the water to begin with.

You will Need: A camera to take pictures of the tropical fish because your buddies won't believe how awesome it looked. Pictures to prove that you really could see for 80'. a 3mm WET suit unless you are like we FL divers and can't take anything in the lower eighties high 70's then a 3mm with a 3mm F John, a hood if you really want to keep toasty.

Finally an appeitite for the FRESH seafood lunch after.. bring on the Conch Fritters and Blacked MAHI!!-- and some Red Stripe.

(just poking fun at the northern divers only in jest of
course...)

Ahhhhh man you just made me feel bad. NO just kidding. I always look forward to diving in the south. The Great Lakes has some wonderful diving as Adrisen has already mentioned But that person must be a warmer blooded person then me because I dont dive without anything but a drysuit up here. They say your really not a diver until you can survive the Great lakes dive. So how about when I come down there you show me a good dive, and the next time which why you ever would want to but come up here I will show you a good Great Lake dive.

Gang,

Don't want to badger gtxl1200 with a whole bunch of PM's... So, someone please let us know if they have PM'd him. If not, I'll do it, no problem.

Adrisen - you are coming to the States? Where are you coming in to? If it's Orlando International Airport, or if you're staying in the Orlando area, I can pick you up. Have a car that EVERYONE (including Eric) laughs at, but it can haul four divers and all their gear in relative comfort, so don't look a gift car in the mouth (or under the hood)! Anyway, let me know and we can proceed accordingly.

Eric - So you've seen the tanks I'm offering you... Hummm, was looking for a way to get rid of that unsightly ooze... Drat, back to the drawing board!

Seriously looking forward to this dive - even if I HAVE to put up with Eric! - SIGH, if you think he's bad with the puns on the Board, wait until you meet him in person!

BTW - I'll be doing a dive with Diving Solutions on the 26th. I'm leading a class (only way I get ANY class) on their first Open Ocean dive. By the 27th, I'll be able to post conditions and the like, if anyone is interested.

Take care and Play Nice!

Lee

What's the water temp ioff West Palm end of December?

baitedstorm:
If there's enough interest, minimum of 6 divers with a max of 12 (we'd have the whole boat to ourselves with 12 :wink: )

3 tank dive out of West Palm Beach with Diving Solution on December 29th (Wednesday) at 10am. The cost of $80 will include lunch. They have air tanks to rent for those who may need them @ $7.50 each.

So far:

1. Baitedstorm = Vickie
2. Murphdivers286 = Darrel
3. KBeck = Krista (maybe)
4. ZenDiver = Brian (maybe?)
5. Octotat = Ted (maybe)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom