3 tank dive Dec 29th, West Palm Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoya97:
Gang,

Don't want to badger gtxl1200 with a whole bunch of PM's... So, someone please let us know if they have PM'd him. If not, I'll do it, no problem.

Adrisen - you are coming to the States? Where are you coming in to? If it's Orlando International Airport, or if you're staying in the Orlando area, I can pick you up. Have a car that EVERYONE (including Eric) laughs at, but it can haul four divers and all their gear in relative comfort, so don't look a gift car in the mouth (or under the hood)! Anyway, let me know and we can proceed accordingly.

Eric - So you've seen the tanks I'm offering you... Hummm, was looking for a way to get rid of that unsightly ooze... Drat, back to the drawing board!

Seriously looking forward to this dive - even if I HAVE to put up with Eric! - SIGH, if you think he's bad with the puns on the Board, wait until you meet him in person!

BTW - I'll be doing a dive with Diving Solutions on the 26th. I'm leading a class (only way I get ANY class) on their first Open Ocean dive. By the 27th, I'll be able to post conditions and the like, if anyone is interested.

Take care and Play Nice!

Lee

Hi Lee

Yeah I am coming to the States on Dec 18 till Jan 8.

I will be in Coconut Creek, not to sure exactly where that is but I know it is far from Orlando, but thanks for the offer. I just started gathering my dive gear which is all over my house. I can't wait.

Can someone tell me if I need a 3 mmm or a skin will be fine. and silly question but is sealice an issue this time of year.

I have chatted with people in this board and I can't wait to meet you all. at this time next week I will in the nice warmth of Florida. I hope maby to do a night dive if anyone is interested that night, but that means I have to come up with a tank weights and a way to the water.

I have never done a night dive in Florida and I have been told that it is AMAZING.
7 days See you all soon

Ashley

Temps for today in WPB were 75f on the bottom, the SI got pretty cold. I wore a 3/2 with gloves and 7mm boots and I was freezing. Viz wasn't all that hot either, about 25-30 feet. Nice diving though, the water was wet and the fishes were out playing..

So, how many do we have going now?

1. Baitedstorm = Vickie
2. Murphdivers286 = Darrel
3. KBeck = Krista
4. ZenDiver = Brian (maybe?)
5. Octotat = Ted
6. Gtxl1200 ?
7. adrisen = Ashley (maybe)
8. Hoya97 = Lee
9. SGJ ?

1. BaitedStorm
  2. Blondey
  3. KBeck
  4. Hoya97
  5. Octotat
  6. Adrisen
  7. OrlandoEric
  8. MurphyDiver
  9. GTXl1200
  10. Zendiver
  11. SGJ

Some of these are "maybe's"

And you started this thread as "If there is enough interest..."

BaitedStorm- How many friends you bringing? Only described as "a few SAR divers"

I may have missed it, but what sites are you diving? I get back in town the night before. I might be up for a little SB comradery. I know you're almost full, but maybe you'll need an alternate?

Orlando Eric:
  1. BaitedStorm
  2. Blondey
  3. KBeck
  4. Hoya97
  5. Octotat
  6. Adrisen
  7. OrlandoEric
  8. MurphyDiver
  9. GTXl1200
  10. Zendiver
  11. SGJ

Some of these are "maybe's"

And you started this thread as "If there is enough interest..."

BaitedStorm- How many friends you bringing? Only described as "a few SAR divers"
Ya know what, I'm not even going to count on them coming, the last time I spoke to one of them (there were only 2 and they were maybes), they asked "Do I get to kill something" cops are such sick-o's :D

I'm thinking Mempilot should be #12, that way, us ladies can get some poetry during our SI :eyebrow:

Mempilot, Doug from Diving Solution said it's out choice so long as the weather/current allows it. I wouldn't mind doing the Princess Anne again, the canes did rip her up a little....well, a lot, but she's still a beaut. The Governors River Walk was hit very hard also, now they really are wrecks :D

Turtle Mound sounds like another good one too. Drift WNW to the Turtle Mound dome shaped patch of reef that rises from 56 feet in the sand, and 41 feet on the top of the reef. There are 15 foot ledges on both the South and West sides.

I'm game for whatever.........

http://www.divingsolutions.com/ directions are on Their web page. Diving Solutions only rents air tanks, if you need Nitrox, you can get them at Force E . I'm almost certain that KBeck is looking into some prices on rentals from them....

baitedstorm:
http://www.divingsolutions.com/ directions are on Their web page. Diving Solutions only rents air tanks, if you need Nitrox, you can get them at Force E . I'm almost certain that KBeck is looking into some prices on rentals from them....

How about this...anyone who will need to rent tanks, PM me and let me know how many you will need for that day. Nitrox or no? What percentage preferred? (It might, however, be easiest to keep them at 32/36, as it looks like we're still not sure exactly what dive sites we're doing.....) Force-E is only @ 1 mile from the marina, so it's no major trip for tanks, etc., and they're open 7am-9pm. Once I know exactly how many tanks it looks like we will need to rent, I'll talk to them and see if there will be enough available, and for what price. Sound good, everyone?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom