3 Year Old Cobra from Leisure pro Died, what are my options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the clarification INJohn. If the original computer was purchased in 2001 then it sounds like LP is being more than fair with you.

The reason why I always insist that people tell the whole story when discussing LP issues is becasue this is how these "LP is evil" rumors begin and that isn't fair for ANY business. I know I wouldn't want people telling half stories or leaving out details (not accusing you of doing this on purpose btw:wink: ) about my LDS if I owned one. I find that when the ENTIRE story comes out MOST LP haters end up eating their hats most of the time. I'm not for or against LP but I am against slander. Good luck with your computer issues and happy diving!:D

Wow, thanks to the members of this board I will be receiving a new cobra for 50% of leisure pro price. I was not aware of the pro rated warranty. The cobra was received by leisure pro on september 21, 2006 and I received this e-mail response today.

"Hi John,

Please be advised that we received your computer for you sent in for the Five Year Limited Warranty (Pro-Rated), we reviewed your paperwork and compared it to the history in our database, this computer was purchased back in Jan. of '02, which puts it in the third catergory as follows:
"Used and/or more than 3 years old 50-50".

We can go ahead and give you a replacement unit for 50% off the current purchase price, please confirm payment information."

So I paid $250 for a new Cobra and Leisure Pro stood up and honored their policy of matching warranties. They were not aware of the pro rated warranty when I called in and neither was I. I hope 3rd time is the charm with this computer, wish me luck.

Excellent for both you and LP! Have fun with it!

Back
Top Bottom