300 Foot Dive-How Expensive ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the line:
I spent less than $2000 on all my gear and training. Thats my story and im sticking to it. :D

Had a client come in today -- he made a small but large purchase -- more than 500 less than a grand ...... when i offered him his receipt he said .... "she doesn't need to see it" ............... it hit the shredder.

Whatever you would like to buy I will be happy to send to you without a receipt ! :D

Cheers .........

I became a instructor and a repair tec. for a few local dive shops to pay for my habit. I still have to hide gear, man are we whiped or what-----what we do for the love of diving

My wife wrote all the checks and we paid for both of us so she knows what it cost.

The amazing thing to me isn't what it cost for all the training and equipment but the work, time and money we've spent sometimes for a single dive.

I guess I am lucky then.........my wife does not care what I spend on diving as long as the bills are paid and we have food in the house............:D

I do the bills but she gets to asking questions somtimes, as far as the bills paid and food in the house, she knows I'll go without food for gear!

I put my deposit down on an akumal trip and tried to hide it until a "happy time" freakin dive shop sent a letter while I was in FL cave diving, busted.......

heres a little wrench in yor equation.
when you adding up all that gear you have its the gear on your current set up.
how many people are still using the same gear they started with.
how many people are still using there first suits or tanks or regs. or whatever..

Well.. my last dive to 260fsw for 20 min cost me 11/2 hr of deco and a lot of back pain. No more deep stuf with tanks! Got certified with a rebreather and love it so far. It is all OK until the s... hit the fan. The most problematic part of deep stuff is getting people to back you up in case that the s... hit the fan. No need to go deep just for fun! Did it a couple of time to say I did it, but now If there is no money to pick up down there ,I just wait and watch from the boat...:)

Have fun....

T
Dive Slent Dive Deep.....well not too deep!

Well, I can back up alot of the costs outlined above, especially by Joel and Daniel.

I moved to the "dark side" about 18 mos ago and can tell you this ti this point:

1. In the last 24 mos, I have spent over 25K on gear alone - and, that is not including training, gas, boat fees and the like. And, no, I don't have a scooter yet...

2. I am no where near diving to 300fsw, and even with the amount of deco diving I do now, I am still 2 years out from that. That is if I feel the urge to go that deep. Plus, I see plenty in the 180fsw or less range with some great bottom times. i.e the Hydro Atlantic.

3. Any gear you have before going to the dark side, get rid of or bury it in a closet, it will all have to be replaced.

3. My life insurance is now over $2000.00 per year, on one of my newer policies, for a 500K policy, and will be so for a very long time.

4. Thank god the wife supports this hobby / habit...

5. I have been and probably will continue to help pay for Joel's retirement - TDL does have great prices and service...

Good luck...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom