360 degree Video of Palancar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sloeber

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi all,

We've been working on a new project recently and figured we'd give it a toss out here as a teaser for your viewing pleasure. 360 degree video underwater in Cozumel. For now it's just a sample size of our work with much more to come. We currently have over 2 TB of video to edit and stitch from 3 completely different 360 degree camera rigs (testing phase - we had 4 at one time but one was a complete failure) but as you may imagine this sort of thing crushes a computer's processor and video card so it does take some editing time. Our end goal is to have complete 60 minute dives throughout all of Cozumel in full 360 degree 4K video. We are also authoring an instructional program for 360 filming and editing, for anyone interested in learning more about this. Stay tuned...

Anyway, without further delay, enjoy 6 minutes on Palancar Caracolito in full 360 degree HD. If your computer and bandwidth will allow it, kick it up to 4K and enjoy the ride. Compliments to Erik Carrillo on the video and editing.

Thanks Henry!

Very cool! I dug out the Google Cardboard & it was awesome in VR. We'll be there in 3 weeks...this was a great preview.

Thanks!

Great video Henry. I look forward to diving with you next month.

Henry starts combing his reservations for Guitarcrazy.

But seriously, I can't take the credit for the video. This is all Erik Carrillo's work and I'm just happy Salty Endeavors can provide him the platform to do it.

This is all Erik Carrillo's work and I'm just happy Salty Endeavors can provide him the platform to do it.

Dude, it was definitely a team effort! I wouldn't be able to do this without your assistance! Thanks for standing by me thru all the trial and error stages. Now the REAL fun begins!

(back to the dungeon to continue editing 3 weeks of videos)

That was different....kinda reminded me of the 70's :)

Not too many fish? Saw the eagle ray and one or two other fishes?

I watched it with Pink Floyd playing wish you were here. It was really cool.:dork2:

Speaking of PF, I just picked up tickets for the live PF laser show at the cozumel planetarium. Red Eye Band will be playing live March 21, two shows. Sold out quickly last year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom