-42 C but it's a dry cold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome, and just so you don't feel bad, on the West Coast its +4C and raining..... but it's a dry rain.

welcome aboard!!!!
our dive group just returned from roatan friday!!!!!
- 22*f was not a happy greeting
everyone involved gave rave reviews
a whole island just for divers!!!how cool is that!!!!!
neg side was some pesky no-see-ums thats the only neg. i heard!!!
best of luck!
ice diving time dude!

Roatan is beautiful. You'll love it. I was at Anthony's Key last summer and I can't recommend them enough. You do need to know about what our boat captain called sea wasps if you do any night diving. I think they're a type of jelly fish and you'll encounter them at about 10 feet. They're attracted to light so if you can just remember to shut your light off as you come up and you should be fine but if you have one, a full suit wouldn't hurt.

Welcome!
BuRRRRRRRRRRR! I moved away from all that
Roatan.. You can't go wrong unless you do not max out your time there.
The wall diving is awesome! You can see the surface from 100' down.
I stayed at The Inn at Last Resort for 2 weeks. I'm not sure if it still exists -at least in that name.
It was all inclusive except for alcohol. The entire operation had a home town feel with everyone willing to help with all issues, This was my first dive experience after certification. And I could not have had a better choice. If you want variety and "dive to you drop" you will get it in Roatan, or if you want to hang-out in town it is an option.
I believe their were non-inclusive operators in the "West End" plus a great ambience. Nothing like relaxing in a hammok, drink in hand and watching the sunset.
You can't go wrong in Roatan!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!
I feel your pain with the cold! We had some pretty cold temps this last week at -30 F at the coldest. Have fun in Roatan. I 'd like to go there some day!

Back
Top Bottom