5/8's DIN valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you sure about the size? All high pressure steel tanks I've ever seen are the 'standard' 3/4" (but measure close to 1").

marky-d

The standard DIN fitting is a 5/8 inch BSP thread (connecting the reg to the valve) these are widely available eg from Dive Gear Express. In Europe a new M26 thread is now being used for Nitrox regs. The thread on the tank for standard scuba tanks is referred to as M25 ( See DIN Scuba Fittings)

Found this in the Northeast Scuba Supply Catalog.
Not sure how to send the link, so I just copied ant pasted it here.
“OLD” Style OMS Manifold
[SIZE=+1]200 Bar DIN / Yoke or 300 Bar DIN[/SIZE]
NOTE: (Specify LP or HP tank) LP valves have tank threads the size of a quarter ( for Aluminum, All Faber Steel tanks, NEW PST E-series Steel tanks, Old LP PST steel tanks), HP valves have tank threads the size of a nickel. ( used only on OLD style PST HP tanks)
The tanks I have are the older style PST HP tanks.
Thanks Terry

Hi Terry,

Go to XS Scuba Dive Gear & Accessories and look under thermo valves and see if that is what you are looking for.

300 bar DIN Valve
VA300
Dedicated 300 bar DIN outlet
3/4" - 14 NPSM inlet (standard)
7/8" - 14 UNF inlet (small hole)
VA300 is clean for pre-blended Nitrox up to 40% F02
VA378 is clean for compressed air only
Dip tube included (not shown)
Service pressures: 3000, 3500, 4350 psi

Dean

I think you are most likely referring to the 7/8's DIN only HP valves. I have 4 tanks with these and they are still available at a few places online.
I would go to the classifieds section and post a WTB: I picked up a nice valve brand new for $40.00 a few months ago right here on scuba board.

Back
Top Bottom