5050 Malfunction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lisa brings up a good point....where you sent it for repair. The California repair location gets raves wheras the one in New York get alot of complaints.

I sent mine back recently for a blank monitor problem. I had it back in 3 weeks. and yes the website just said it had been recieved and was in lint for repair.

Wow, so long for repairs. I guess I'm lucky living in a smaller place. The longest I've had to wait for my camera back was 4 days. I can understand now why you'd prefer not to send it to Oly hospital first.
If you connect the camera to an external power source via a pwer lead instead of the battery does the problem still occur? If so it's probably not your battery but something internal failing

Unfortunately, I sent mine to New York (guess I should have done better homework!) It's been in the hospital for 2 weeks now (10 buisness days) and is in line for repairs as we speak. Thank goodness I don't have any dives planned!

justleesa:
I have sent 2 things back to Oly (camera after flood & cracked housing) and have had 0 trouble getting them back. I sent it to the workshop in California, where did you send yours to MsParamedic? ArizSig?

Mine went to the California facility. I called them after a month of no news and they told me they were waiting for me to contact them to find out what I wanted to do. They decided it's "Beyond Economic Repair". Why they waited for me to call them instead of them initiating the contact is still a mystery.

I now have my camera back in its dead state. Anybody need any spare parts for a 5060?

I got my 5050 back from the Oly Hospital in NY, and it took about 8 business day from admitting to discharge. It's soooooo good to have it home! Now I just need to find some time to take it diving! :)

Great to hear you got your camera back...all is well, I presume?

Mine went to the Oly doctor yesterday...they say they have a line, but I am hoping it will be fixed next week and back to me at the beginning of the next. A girl's gotta dream :crafty:

Did they say what the problem was??

MsParamedic:
I got my 5050 back from the Oly Hospital in NY, and it took about 8 business day from admitting to discharge. It's soooooo good to have it home! Now I just need to find some time to take it diving! :)

Went to Egypt (Deep South Cruise StJohns) and after just 3 dives with the camera i have got the orginal problems back again. I'am very pissed off!

So it's back to the store again, this time I want a new camera :monster: !

Anyone with similar experiances?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom